News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

peter11435

yeah....but remember that design was rejected.....and they built something with a stronger theme....
That’s not exactly what happened. They didn’t exactly reject that design. They just only built part of the original proposal. It was more a budget cut than it was a rejection.

28F3AE58-02AB-4D8C-ACA8-DD7945F5B5A4.jpeg

LAM378

I can’t wait to hear more about the “new recreation and dining options.” The Poly is always a crowded cluster as it is, between guests and visitors who are just there to eat and drink. I have a feeling they’re going to add a quiet pool and a snack bar to the new tower, if even that, and that’s not gonna cut it.

CaptainAmerica

I can’t wait to hear more about the “new recreation and dining options.” The Poly is always a crowded cluster as it is, between guests and visitors who are just there to eat and drink. I have a feeling they’re going to add a quiet pool and a snack bar to the new tower, if even that, and that’s not gonna cut it.
Rooftop TS seems almost certain.

peter11435

So then to build a contemporary Miami Beach style resort tower makes sense at the Polynesian? Because they didn't build it in 1970?
That’s not what I said. It’s not the direction I personally would go with the resort. But it is the direction the resorts original designers initially were heading.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Considering it's on the Poly corner closest to the original DVC Grand Floridian building, much of the building will be closer to that hall building than the GCH. Remember that GCH itself is visually tall with whatever you'd call the architectural feature on the roof. So visually across it'll be a big GF building, about same height Poly building, then a smaller but still tall GCH, then smaller older longhouse from there.

aladdin2007

They paved paradise
Put up a parking lot
With a pink (big) hotel, a boutique
And a swinging hot spot

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone?
They paved paradise
Put up a parking lot

They took all the trees
Put 'em in a tree museum
Then they charged the people
A dollar and a half hundreds of dollars just to see 'em...

thats all I can think of is that song..
Im not against the design, its nice, just against where its going. This is reflections revamped.
and putting a city looking office center on that beautiful lagoon just really irks me.

CaptainAmerica

The DVC buildings at GF and Contep complemented the original resorts (I know BLT was controversal at the time). This just looks like a HIlton. Just like what they were planning for next to WL. Why can't Bob shell out for an immersive hotel design?

They paved paradise
Put up a parking lot
With a pink (big) hotel, a boutique
And a swinging hot spot

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone?
They paved paradise
Put up a parking lot

They took all the trees
Put 'em in a tree museum
Then they charged the people
A dollar and a half hundreds of dollars just to see 'em...

thats all I can think of is that song..
Im not against the design, its nice, just against where its going. This is reflections revamped.
and putting a city looking office center on that beautiful lagoon just really irks me.
Let me introduce you guys to the Four Seasons Ko Olina.

1647362476399.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom