News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Bocabear

That's the thing with opinions.....you have yours and I have mine. It looks like it is going to fit very nice at the Poly.
It doesn't "fit" at all though...it is completely different than the rest of the resort... It is a nice modern looking hotel building...
It has no discernable theme at all.
unless by "fit" you meant is there room for it...and yes there is.

pdude81

It doesn't "fit" at all though...it is completely different than the rest of the resort... It is a nice modern looking hotel building...
It has no discernable theme at all.
It's a bit of a walk to that spot, so it won't clash as much as you might think.

jmmc

I try to stay positive about Disney developments, but in all honesty when I like a new resort announcement I hate hearing "new DVC resort." It's my first reaction anyway, because it's something I'll never be a member of.

pdude81

Wonder if this will have it's own Monorail platform.
tenor.gif

UNCgolf

It's a bit of a walk to that spot, so it won't clash as much as you might think.

It'll probably be visible from everywhere, though -- if I'm remembering the rest of the resort correctly, the concept art makes it look like this will be several floors higher than anything else.

It appears to be 8 or 9 stories tall at the highest point which will tower over everything else at the Polynesian.

dreday3

I definitely think it has more character than the Riviera, but it also looks like it will stand out (and not in a good way) compared to the rest of the resort. It looks more like current upscale hotel design than something really connected to the rest of the resort's aesthetic.

I was just telling someone, it looks way more "modern" than the rest of the resort.

pdude81

It'll probably be visible from everywhere, though -- if I'm remembering the rest of the resort correctly, the concept art makes it look like this will be several floors higher than anything else.

It appears to be 8 or 9 stories tall at the highest point which will tower over everything else at the Polynesian.
That's fair. My first look assumed 6 stories or so, but you're right that it's big. It'll be quite visible from the beach as VGF is, but in the middle of the resort you won't notice it because of the close proximity to tall buildings and the volcano pool. However, at that height it'll be right out there as soon as you get past the Grog Grotto.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom