News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

nickys

Premium Member
The 150 point buy in is the required minimum for a new member to get a blue card, and has to be bought all at once on a single contact. Not sure where you would have heard that the minimum buy in was waived as there is absolutely no incentive for DVC to ever do that. They couldn't care less if you buy in or not, so no reason to budge.
A new buyer must now buy a minimum of 150 points too. And you cannot split that down, you must now buy at least one 150 point contract to buy direct. So any new owner at DLT will have to buy 150 unless they waive that requirement.

Edit: Sorry, I realise I replied to the wrong post.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
I've been around a few minutes, so I know in the past they have not always stuck to their guns. Whether they are currently is my question
Yes, 100% they are sticking with that now. No exceptions. And you also have to have a minimum of 150 points on a single contract as a new buyer. If you want to split 200 points it would have to be 150 plus 50.

pdude81

I’m not sure I follow your line of thinking.

THV was too remote to be a separate resort? That seems to be a non-sequitur. If a resort is remote from another, surely they would be separate?

Yet Kidani had “easy access to Jambo” but could have been a separate resort?

CCV didn’t get a pool of its own. Despite being a separate resort it shares a pool with BRV, albeit the pool was completely redone.
I'll try to clarify a bit, though I have no problem with being an outlier in my thinking.

THV section has no pool or dining within a reasonable distance. If you market your resort as having exclusive 11 month access to a high point, high occupancy location with just a share of the amenities that are far away, it would be a recipe for disaster. It might still be selling like Aulani IMO.

Kidani was announced specifically as part of the overall project. It could have been it's own resort because it had it's own amenities to sustain it, but with Jambo being so small the two sold better as a pair anyway.

And as for the pools at WL, I'd suspect that the Copper Creek Springs pool and the Boulder Ridge Cove pool are separate beings. I believe the Copper Creek pool is shared with the cash tower, but not Boulder Ridge. Perhaps there is some larger sharing agreement however on those items.

nickys

Premium Member
I'll try to clarify a bit, though I have no problem with being an outlier in my thinking.

THV section has no pool or dining within a reasonable distance. If you market your resort as having exclusive 11 month access to a high point, high occupancy location with just a share of the amenities that are far away, it would be a recipe for disaster. It might still be selling like Aulani IMO.

Kidani was announced specifically as part of the overall project. It could have been it's own resort because it had it's own amenities to sustain it, but with Jambo being so small the two sold better as a pair anyway.

And as for the pools at WL, I'd suspect that the Copper Creek Springs pool and the Boulder Ridge Cove pool are separate beings. I believe the Copper Creek pool is shared with the cash tower, but not Boulder Ridge. Perhaps there is some larger sharing agreement however on those items.
Both pools at WL are for all guests, whether at WL, CCV or BRV.

Also, THV does have its own quiet pool.

correcaminos

Both pools at WL are for all guests, whether at WL, CCV or BRV.

Also, THV does have its own quiet pool.
And hot tub! I really think the type to want to stay in a THV would be doing more in house stuff. I remember staying in the old ones when they existed and there was no restaurants near by except at the marketplace. They could have added a store more like at ft wilderness if they wanted to but it was easier to tie into SSR since it was right there. They could have also made it a separate association but using same amenities like CCV.

The main pool at WL was originally for the resort guests - though DVC always had access. They really only renamed the pool to Copper Creek to tie it all in - originally it was called Silver Springs pool.

That was not the pool they redid during the conversion though. That was actually Hidden Springs which was renamed Boulder Ridge Cove pool. The splash area was not for DVC. They are all part of the same resort just a little name difference. I

I'll point out again when CCV went on sale, there were only 25 years left on the contract. That absolutely matters in terms of sales. I would argue that WL would have been only expanded and not 2 associations if they did it a lot sooner. Unfortunately the lack of booking at deluxes wasn't happening at this time.

Disney can do as they wish. They really can. I'll sell and buy as needed, but no argument goes for sure for separate. More point to same, but Disney will Disney. If they want resale restrictions then they'll do separate. If they don't, they won't. If they want to balance PVB points as people are crying for them to do, they won't. If they want to divide out, they will. This was originally part of the PVB plans though at one point. It was scaled back and they likely regret doing it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Which the US Fed artificially lowered the Prime Rate in an effort to "stimulate " the economy in a no inflation environment.

Now Prime Rate is increasing in an inflationary environment. WDW is looking to bring this online in an economic environment more like the late 70's than the late 00's
I don’t disagree that mistakes were made with interest rates over the last 5+ years now. When the economy is booming you should raise interest rates, basic economics. There’s no reason for big tax cuts and zero or near zero interest rates while the economy is healthy and growing, but we can’t go back in time and change that.

The 1970s had a period of stagflation where inflation was high, economic growth slowed and unemployment was high at the same time. I’m not seeing that dynamic today. Yes, inflation is high (with gas prices up) but the economy hasn‘t slowed and unemployment is very low. Oil prices are artificially high due to political turmoil but the world is better positioned today to react than it was in the 1970s during the oil embargo. I think it’s a popular talking point in political circles to compare today to the 70s but it’s an imperfect comparison at best.

Right now we aren’t seeing people pulling back on leisure spending. The demographic Disney is marketing DVC to is less impacted by $5 a gallon gasoline than the average American. If inflation leads to an increase in hotel prices that would only help sell DVC points. I don’t see that being a big factor. Recessions are part of the natural economic cycle. They typically last 6 to 18 months so they are short term disruptions. DVC projects typically take longer than that to sell out. Even if a recession happens before or during the point sales starting I don’t see that impacting the long term viability of the project. The worst impact will be a delay in the time it takes to sell out.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
1649857052351.png

correcaminos

Ah, I was just going to ask if there was anything resembling parking added. These images don't do anything to make me reassess my opinion that this will be a new DVC resort/association. Certainly possible they roll it into PVB but I think this could stand on it's own.
Funny I thought the opposite.... of course all my old reasonings stand but this made it look like one in the same with parking similar to what we have at the other end at PVB. Again prepared to sell or just add on.

correcaminos

Yeah it doesn't necessarily change the calculus either way.
No it doesn't. I'm rather excited by this tbh! I'll buy more points either way. Just easier for me to plan not having to sell. Though if I buy direct they usually will reallocate points from existing reservations for me as part of the buy in terms. So I could likely use my PVB as usual but not at my home resort no issues and sell off quickly. Mentally prepared either way of course. But I love the location. However I do feel really bad for guests at Aotearoa, Tuvalu (spelled Tuvalo? On the map), and Fiji for the next couple of years.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
A new buyer must now buy a minimum of 150 points too. And you cannot split that down, you must now buy at least one 150 point contract to buy direct. So any new owner at DLT will have to buy 150 unless they waive that requirement.

Edit: Sorry, I realise I replied to the wrong post.
I could see selling 150 points at the same price as 120 as a recession sales tactic...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom