News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

DCLcruiser

What would make it "feel Polynesian" for you?
The architecture and scale are so different. It's not cohesive at all. It doesn't even have that Aulani feel. It should just be a standalone hotel. Call it Disney's Voyager Resort & Spa.

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 2.14.59 PM.png

Bocabear

That would be cool!
Perhaps less mid century modern styling... Some natural wood tones, I like things light, but feels a little too much like the Fairfield Inn I stayed in last night...and not someplace Polynesian... I understand that people don't care for the thematic interiors of the 90s... I honestly didn't mind them, but thought they were too dark...Like the Animal Kindom and Poly rooms from that time period (animal Kingdom more recently obviously)... The forms were fine but the colors and palette too dark. This new interior feels more like The Contemporary but they added a manta ray on the wall and some wallpaper graphics... The Bungalow interiors felt more Polynesian to me... without being over the top... Something about having some natural wood tones...made it feel more organic and islandy...less Miami Beach

Bocabear

If they had even made an attempt by copying the iconic Polynesian Resort rooflines onto the top of the tower, it would have at least felt like it was trying to be part of the property...not Bay Lake Tower Annex. It looks terrible when you look across from the Contemporary to the opposite shore... The Victorian rooflies and buildings of the Grand Floridian abruptly ending with a midrise Fort Lauderdale Condo building, surrounded by the Polynesian Resort

Bocabear

I think it was established there was no way around that, so they turned the machine off...an unintended consequence.... But now the lakes are no longer swimmable, so there is no need...sadly....

Last edited:

JoeCamel

The reason the wave machine was shut off wasn't because it was broken, it was eroding the beach.

Surely there would be a way to rebuild the wave machine to where the waves wouldn’t cause the beach to erode? Or is there no way around that?

I think it was established there was no way around that, so they turned the machine off...an unintended consequence.... But now the lakes are no longer swimmable, so there is no need...sady....
There is no longer a beach so bring on the waves!

Fido Chuckwagon

How was the lake ever swimmable? Gators and snakes were a thing that existed 50 years ago, was it just that people were willing to accept the risk of getting eaten?

ToTBellHop

in fact, they didn't really exist on Seven Seas Lagoon....which was a brand new lake built for the park. The water was cleaner... they kept an eye on the wildlife...At some point it seems like they just decided to stop grooming, and let things go natural...
It definitely had alligators, though. Attacks are just exceedingly rare and people weren’t feeding them from bungalows…

John park hopper

It was closed to swimming do to water quality decline and proliferation of the gator population in 1967 hunting gators in Florida was banned. The population bounced back and in 1996 hunting was allowed but strictly controlled.

Last edited:

Ayla

The pictures and videos didn't show everything. There are second bathrooms in one bedrooms and third bathrooms in two bedrooms. They're behind the principal bedroom and accessible from near the main entrance door. Similar to Kidani but a little more off to the side.

See purple here:
View attachment 789647

But why they didn't share when trying to tell people to book, it's beyond me.
The second bathroom in the 1 bed was shown and talked about in the video.

mf1972

i was not a fan of the pull down beds. slept in it once at ASM, & my back was screaming the next morning & still sore the next day. i’ll assume the quality might be better at a deluxe/dvc resort, but i wouldn’t sleep on 1 of those ever again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom