News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

pdude81

I've been following, but am still confused. Does this new tower not have Food & Beverage offerings? If not that seems like a total miss.
Concept art has shown one restaurant at minimum, and I've seen some pictures recently that look like the pool bar at Boardwalk, which I expect you can order food from as well. I don't think any of us know 100% at this point

BrianLo

Hmm. If there isn't a rooftop lounge/restaurant that was a huge miss as well. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Nothing to wait for - there's no rooftop dining. Which is a missed opportunity.

Just a pool bar spot that probably shares the kitchen with whatever the dining (?table service/quick service) will be on the main floor.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Just a pool bar spot that probably shares the kitchen with whatever the dining (?table service/quick service) will be on the main floor.

I'm thinking like Geyser Point combining some quick service, table service, and bar service in proximity to Wilderness Lodge pools. The bar itself in the middle there with seating around, not unlike Three Bridges and Geyser Point. But the whole thing is in the tower, like Bar Riva (acknowledging no mobile ordering here). All three have been pretty popular and I'm guessing this uses some of the same multipurpose functions people have liked.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The Island Tower at Disney’s Polynesian Resort is projected to open on December 17, 2024.

Disney has released a look at one of the new Moana-themed rooms:

Here's a full room tour:

More details:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
USO is putting up two amazingly whimsical retro but modern "Space" hotels for EU. They get it.

There was a conscious decision made to make 180 from the fantasized theming that made the Poly unique.

You see that with BLT which was heavily criticized for being a bland high rise. Same thing with the proposed Reflections Resort and new Epcot which just screams unimaginative and generic with all the charm of a newly renovated airport terminal.
It’s almost like the management hates parks customers…so they insist designs that are for business conference centers…

…you know?…to fill with park customers?

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Gosh these are the best looking rooms in property.

Bummer about the kitchen layout.

It's the same galley style as Riviera, right?

A interesting addition is a dishwasher to studios, at least standard studio size. It's explained as a sustainability goal to not use disposables like in other rooms. It's interesting to me because Disney had real plates and silverware before swapping out for disposable so I wonder if other DVC resorts will return to real plates and silverware before 2030.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
The question is…does it fit?
I'm torn on this. There was the original 70's plan for a tower, but that was an interesting design. This one is generic (ala the Riviera). It is certainly a big departure from the base Poly styling which seems lush and tropical by comparison (DVC rooms).

I don't hate it, but I don't love it. Maybe eventually I'll give it a shot but I'm not going to rush to do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom