News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Sir_Cliff

If I had deep pockets I'd want to stay in a resort themed to the nines (or tens) that was transportive to the highest degree possible. But apparently those who can actually afford more desire less and find such things cheesy.
People who buy timeshares at Walt Disney World have such refined tastes that they find theming cheesy?

BrianLo

Current sentiment seems to be about 70/30 that they'll keep it as an expansion of the existing association.

Definitely seems to be the same resort. This 100 percent is spurned by VGF2's success. They know a small add on of sold out resort whips the membership into frenzy.

Well, then there you are.

It's certainly unique in so far as direct pricing is the same as resale was merely 2 weeks ago. The math on DVC doesn't make sense... but then the resale value it holds doesn't make sense either... forcing it to actually make sense.

Animaniac93-98

I definitely think it has more character than the Riviera, but it also looks like it will stand out (and not in a good way) compared to the rest of the resort. It looks more like current upscale hotel design than something really connected to the rest of the resort's aesthetic.

This era of WDW will be defined by the alarming number of big, uninspired boxes that are being plopped down wherever on property with zero consideration for their surroundings.

MattFrees71

I'm already mourning the loss of the pristine, quiet grounds and beautiful tropical trees and landscaping I loved to stroll around walking to the GF. The extra green space was necessary buffer. To lose it will make it so much more uninviting, crowded, and unpleasant.

BrianLo

What happens when we end up with more DVC resorts than regular resorts?
It really is getting a bit scary.

I cant help but think the long term goal is to make all their parks and resorts dvc exclusive just about...sounds far fetched I know but a lot of other things I thought were far fetched about Disney have sure come to fruition.

This is kind of hyperbole. Gran Destino and Art of Animation have nearly 2500 rooms between them. The Poly Tower for example will likely have 150-200.

ToTBellHop

This is kind of hyperbole. Gran Destino and Art of Animation have nearly 2500 rooms between them. The Poly Tower for example will likely have 150-200.
Yes. It’s more that they can’t find many more people willing to pay rack rate for deluxe rooms, so investment will be values, mods, and DVCs.

Universal keeps building cheap hotels, too. It will take a new park for them to finally build another hotel with Express Passes.

zapple

I wonder what they’re going to do about parking, there isn’t enough parking there as it is.

I also don’t have any love for the Poly and I wish they were adding to Crescent Lake instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom