News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Bocabear

I think it would have been smarter at this point to have put Play! permanently on hold, Move theWorld Showplace Events into that space, Tear down the party tent in World Showcase and build a large scale Mary Poppins Attraction.. A timeless dark ride spectacular... That would be a plus to World Showcase and would meet the stupid IP Mandate... It would also give Party For The Senses and all other Festival parties a spectacular permanent space just call it Party! pavilion...
It is kinda sad though when we are armchair imagineering places for them to have special events because we know they aren't building any attractions...

Surferboy567

I think it would have been smarter at this point to have put Play! permanently on hold, Move theWorld Showplace Events into that space, Tear down the party tent in World Showcase and build a large scale Mary Poppins Attraction.. A timeless dark ride spectacular... That would be a plus to World Showcase and would meet the stupid IP Mandate... It would also give Party For The Senses and all other Festival parties a spectacular permanent space just call it Party! pavilion...
It is kinda sad though when we are armchair imagineering places for them to have special events because we know they aren't building any attractions...
At some point, some kind of event space will be built though. Multiple insiders have said it won’t be the festival center per say, but something will be built. Not sure if that fits all their needs but it’s something.

Mary Poppins would of been great.

Haymarket2008

Is this project being worked on right now? Or is it a Tron-esque situation where a pause has been put on it. It VERY much is still coming down the medium term pipeline, but I wonder how far along they are....

Bocabear

I think it would have been smarter at this point to have put Play! permanently on hold, Move the World Showplace Events into that space, Tear down the party tent in World Showcase and build a large scale Mary Poppins Attraction.. A timeless dark ride spectacular... That would be a plus to World Showcase and would meet the stupid IP Mandate... It would also give Party For The Senses and all other Festival parties a spectacular permanent space just call it Party! pavilion...
The World Showplace is behind the UK Pavilion... So UK, and Mary Poppins...
I would also be OK with COCO giving a little depth to the Mexico pavilion... These and Ratatouille are kind of no-brainer additions to meet the IP mandate and still make sense within the construct of EPCOT

HauntedMansionFLA

Their hasn’t been much said about the Play! Pavilion in a little bit. Today, shopDisney released a new wave of EPCOT prints featuring World Discovery (the new neighborhood play resides in). In the description of these prints they have a blurb about each attraction that is being represented.

Play’s description doesn’t provide much but does give us a little bit, it reads:

““In the future, the Play! pavilion will present an interactive city where guests discover games and experiences that connect them with their favorite Disney characters, demonstrating how ''play is essential to innovation , exploration, and creativity in the world around us.''”

Further down it also says

“EPCOT's Play! pavilion is scheduled to open in 2021”
October 1st opening ? They have to do something to take the focus off of nothing is happening at the MK for the 50th ( besides new paint jobs) 😉

HauntedMansionFLA

If they move World Showcase into the Play pavilion, what happens to the Festival Center which is a high priority ??

aladdin2007

The World Showplace is behind the UK Pavilion... So UK, and Mary Poppins...
I would also be OK with COCO giving a little depth to the Mexico pavilion... These and Ratatouille are kind of no-brainer additions to meet the IP mandate and still make sense within the construct of EPCOT

A dark ride addition to the UK would not necessarily mean the removal of the "permanent" tent.
they could still add one without that being in the way. (marni correct me if wrong?). I would love to see a dark ride added to the UK, and the tent go away for a new country like it was meant to be. Not that its going to ever happen anywhere in any of the other spaces left at this point. I have truly given up on that sadly.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
A dark ride addition to the UK would not necessarily mean the removal of the "permanent" tent.
they could still add one without that being in the way. (marni correct me if wrong?). I would love to see a dark ride added to the UK, and the tent go away for a new country like it was meant to be. Not that its going to ever happen anywhere in any of the other spaces left at this point. I have truly given up on that sadly.
You’re not wrong.

RSoxNo1

A few months ago on my podcast we did an armchair Imagineering session for relocating DHS attractions with minor rethemes. My wife came up with the idea of putting RNRC in the UK Pavilion as a tour of Abbey Road.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Their hasn’t been much said about the Play! Pavilion in a little bit. Today, shopDisney released a new wave of EPCOT prints featuring World Discovery (the new neighborhood play resides in). In the description of these prints they have a blurb about each attraction that is being represented.

Play’s description doesn’t provide much but does give us a little bit, it reads:

““In the future, the Play! pavilion will present an interactive city where guests discover games and experiences that connect them with their favorite Disney characters, demonstrating how ''play is essential to innovation , exploration, and creativity in the world around us.''”

Further down it also says

“EPCOT's Play! pavilion is scheduled to open in 2021"

The could have easily said "Imagination is essential to innovation, exploration and creativity". This pavilion and Imagination being opposite ends of future world is so dumb.... They should be next to each other or just one pavilion.

J4546

i agree, the play pavilion is basically a new imaginiation pav in my eyes. I think they shouldve just combined them into the new play pav and added a figment darkride. Then use the old imagination pav (or tear down and build an all new one) for a Sky pavilion so you get the land, sea, and sky on one side of the park entrance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom