News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

SamN'Dean

I'm actually pretty excited about this project due to this aspect in particular.

As I've mentioned before, one of my favorite aspects of WDW is indoor areas themed to outdoor areas:
maxresdefault.jpg

0d2014cb5256f4ed0202a0f6ef0a686c.jpg

epcot-biergarten-upper-level-dinner.jpg

Avatar-Flight-of-Passage_Full_30300.jpg

cinemas-interior-theater-restaurant-2__880.jpg

pir093458fi.jpg

With a futuristic theme as seen in the concept art, this has the potential to be a really awesome and unique area to experience beyond the attractions and activities it will house.

Those are really cool, I share your enthusiasm for these spaces. However I don't recognize the 4th one, with all the green- what is that?

SamN'Dean

Despite the lack of details, this is vey promising. Having just experienced this in Japan - a highly immersive indoor projection experience can be really neat. TeamLab Borderless is an example in Tokyo where you have an entire dark space with different experiences (interactive trampoline, climbing wall, illuminated balloons, interactive drawings). Drop in a some characters and you've got a cool pavilion without any rides.

Here is one video of the experience (not mine):

Wow! Some of these are really cool, here's hoping.

SamN'Dean

Jim Hill says there's to be a Black Box Theater in here to recreate past attractions, and that one original ideal for the new pavilion was the Wakanda Outpost Center.

While I like the Wakanda idea, I think Jim Hill is too enamored of the idea that Marvel is coming to WDW in a major way, when it isn't.

OTOH, one of the things I'm most looking forward to on my first trip to Disneyland is the Black Panther and Captain Marvel meet N greet. If I'm real lucky maybe some other things in the new Marvel land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom