News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

DreamfinderGuy

Kind of sad the Body Wars area is still only going to be for storage. At least I guess they're using most of Cranium Command. I can't imagine where they'd put the Void stuff. I also assume ensuring the roof won't cave in is part of the refreshment plans ;) lol

EDIT: And also kind of sad/missed opportunity that there doesn't seem to be an Inside Out show in the CC theater. That's just such a no brainer, IMO, with "IP everywhere" being the mandate. Oh well ... I guess they consider a meet and greet good enough ...
To be fair I can’t confirm any of this. I’m less confident with my info on CC than anything. However, Body Wars has had a bunch of work done to it lately, and Cranium Command hasn’t seen well... anything. It just makes sense to use it as show space imo

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Does Stitch really sell a lot of merchandise? I guess I wasn't aware of that.
Stitch plushies are extremely popular among tween and teenage girls. Stitch merchandise in general. Whether they know who he is or not. I know when I went to Epcot a couple of years ago with NYFA, literally every girl from the camp bought a medium size stitch plushie and took a group instagram shot with him on their shoulders.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Does Stitch really sell a lot of merchandise? I guess I wasn't aware of that.
I used to work at the ice cream shop on main Street about a year and a half ago. When people got sundaes, I'd ask them their favorite character and then try to draw it in whip cream.

Stitch was by far the number one answer in every demographic other than grumpy old people who just say "I don't know, Mickey"

Robbiem

I used to work at the ice cream shop on main Street about a year and a half ago. When people got sundaes, I'd ask them their favorite character and then try to draw it in whip cream.

Stitch was by far the number one answer in every demographic other than grumpy old people who just say "I don't know, Mickey"

Thats a lovely thing to do. Have you got any examples of your art?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Thats a lovely thing to do. Have you got any examples of your art?
This is the best I was able to find
Dw6GQhGX4AUJHeu.jpg

I'm sure there's pictures out there of enchanted Rose's, stitch heads, and Jack Skeletons (with hot fudge for the mouth so it melts the whip cream a bit and looks like stitches) made in whip cream somewhere out there.

If anyone has any pictures of Plaza Sundaes made by a guy with an accent who asked who your favorite character was during the summer of 2017, let me know! I'd love to be able to show people!

WDWFREAK53

Exactly. Not exactly mass family friendly access. Nor are they readily accessible since they weren’t meant to be.

Would it need to be? Could you just have the staging area on the main level and when players enter "The VOID" you bring them up? There's not exactly a mass family friendly access to the Astro Orbiter either.

Timothy_Q

What are the chances they'll cover the skylights, to achieve the nighttime look of the concept art and have total control of the lighting?

T.Will

Is there any truth to this? Or is it just Clickbait being Clickbait?

From Tom's """""News""""" Site:

"To no one’s surprise, the timeframe is the same as just about every project announced for Florida right now: “just in time for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary” in 2021. Given how deadlines were missed for the last several Florida projects (Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, Toy Story Land, etc.), here’s hoping they can actually make it. The timeframe would be very close to the opening of the adjacent Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster in that same year if all goes according to plan. This is a necessity given that this entire side of Future World will be hosting thrill rides with height requirements at that point, with the Play Pavilion being the only attraction that smaller children or those averse to roller coasters and simulators can enjoy without a far walk.

Beyond the initial announcement, Disney gave no details of what will actually be inside the pavilion when it does eventually open. Well, allow us to shed some light on some of what’s under the projection-mapped dome of Future World:

• Animation Academy will return under the guidance of Edna Mode from The Incredibles. Guests will once again be able to learn how to draw Disney characters in this relocated offering that was once housed at The Magic of Disney Animation at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
  • Nick and Judy from Zootopia will host an interactive game called “Hotel Heist”. You can see the entrance to this attraction on the right side of the concept art.
  • Character meet and greets for Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope, Joy and Sadness, and Baymax should find permanent homes here.
  • Adjacent to the Wreck-It Ralph meet and greet, guests will find an arcade, as well as a play area for toddlers.
  • As seen in the concept art above, live performers will take to the stage in the very center of the pavilion, roughly where the former Goofy About Health, Making of Me, and Anacomical Players stages and theaters once stood.
There are no plans to use the large show buildings for either Body Wars or Cranium Command during this initial phase. All of these offerings will be held under the main dome. Apparently, Operations still refuses to hand these spaces over Walt Disney Imagineering.

Keep in mind that things can change and several of the above offerings can still be switched to a different IP or the basic idea of each attractions altered before we get to 2021. Similar to the “Black Box” ride we told you about that’s heading to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the idea with the Play Pavilion is that all of these offerings can be altered very quickly to reflect a new intellectual property or concept. Yes, the Play Pavilion will be heavy on screens and projections as well.

For those worried that there won’t be a Festival Center now that the Play Pavilion has set up shop, don’t fret. You can read all about the plans for a new Festival Center building in our post detailing Project Gamma.

So, are you excited for Epcot’s Play Pavilion?"

NateD1226

"To no one’s surprise, the timeframe is the same as just about every project announced for Florida right now: “just in time for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary” in 2021. Given how deadlines were missed for the last several Florida projects (Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, Toy Story Land, etc.), here’s hoping they can actually make it. The timeframe would be very close to the opening of the adjacent Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster in that same year if all goes according to plan. This is a necessity given that this entire side of Future World will be hosting thrill rides with height requirements at that point, with the Play Pavilion being the only attraction that smaller children or those averse to roller coasters and simulators can enjoy without a far walk.

Beyond the initial announcement, Disney gave no details of what will actually be inside the pavilion when it does eventually open. Well, allow us to shed some light on some of what’s under the projection-mapped dome of Future World:

• Animation Academy will return under the guidance of Edna Mode from The Incredibles. Guests will once again be able to learn how to draw Disney characters in this relocated offering that was once housed at The Magic of Disney Animation at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
  • Nick and Judy from Zootopia will host an interactive game called “Hotel Heist”. You can see the entrance to this attraction on the right side of the concept art.
  • Character meet and greets for Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope, Joy and Sadness, and Baymax should find permanent homes here.
  • Adjacent to the Wreck-It Ralph meet and greet, guests will find an arcade, as well as a play area for toddlers.
  • As seen in the concept art above, live performers will take to the stage in the very center of the pavilion, roughly where the former Goofy About Health, Making of Me, and Anacomical Players stages and theaters once stood.
There are no plans to use the large show buildings for either Body Wars or Cranium Command during this initial phase. All of these offerings will be held under the main dome. Apparently, Operations still refuses to hand these spaces over Walt Disney Imagineering.

Keep in mind that things can change and several of the above offerings can still be switched to a different IP or the basic idea of each attractions altered before we get to 2021. Similar to the “Black Box” ride we told you about that’s heading to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the idea with the Play Pavilion is that all of these offerings can be altered very quickly to reflect a new intellectual property or concept. Yes, the Play Pavilion will be heavy on screens and projections as well.

For those worried that there won’t be a Festival Center now that the Play Pavilion has set up shop, don’t fret. You can read all about the plans for a new Festival Center building in our post detailing Project Gamma.

@marni1971, we have a mission for you...

Disney Maddux

I love it! Only disappointment is no Judy and Nick M&G, and Hotel Heist is more than likely temporary, but it still sounds like a lot of fun!

Magic Feather

I mean, its not inaccurate...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom