News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I do not see Disney buying out the contract with Universal unless something much bigger were involved. There are plenty of Marvel Characters WDW can use and in less than 10 years they will have 100% of the countries outside the US to have Marvel rides and attractions and be the only company that can advertise Marvel attractions. That is right Universal will not be able to use the Marvel name in any advertising outside the US. Therefore some day Universal will just give up their rights because they are not with the cost. Universal will eventually want to stop paying and giving Disney all the financial information from their US parks.

This will only happen when Marvel stops being one of the biggest film franchises in the world.

DisneyDrum

Despite the lack of details, this is vey promising. Having just experienced this in Japan - a highly immersive indoor projection experience can be really neat. TeamLab Borderless is an example in Tokyo where you have an entire dark space with different experiences (interactive trampoline, climbing wall, illuminated balloons, interactive drawings). Drop in a some characters and you've got a cool pavilion without any rides.

Here is one video of the experience (not mine):

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So no more in Epcot.

I wonder if in the very long term they are indeed planning on a 5th gate, hosting the Marvel Universe in its entirety.

Personally, I very much doubt they have the appetite for the costs to build a 5th gate in the swamps. Not to mention the labor required to staff another park.

"Disney Play Pavilion - Where you can see how many movie characters Disney can cram into one location!" ;)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Oh you run the account?

Another bit of advice. Don't be surprised if here on magics you find a lot of the people are actually the curators of the online Disney fan universe, insiders who don't say much, WDW cast members or TWDC employees all up and down the chain, or super fans with weirdo relationships to Disney bigwigs. For example, I used my Sherlock Holmes like detective skills and figured out that @lentesta was Len Testa. It took years of painstaking research to put that together.

Timothy_Q

I'm not going to read through 21 pages of arguments, but if there are people up in arms about an unused Epcot pavilion being redeveloped and utilized as a full-time attraction again, I don't know how to reason with you.

Wonders of Life wasn't coming back. 1982 Epcot isn't coming back. Disney is not doing things just to spite you.
"I didn't read anything you guys said, but how dare you say the things I'm making up in my mind?!"

DreamfinderGuy

Attachments

• 75745110-98DE-4D6C-9598-8FD9A781254F.jpeg
    75745110-98DE-4D6C-9598-8FD9A781254F.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 187

Ripken10

One of the things that I do enjoy about threads like this is people trying to squeeze as much info out of @marni1971 as possible. It's like an MCU fanboy asking Kevin Feige endless questions about Avengers:Endgame just hoping he'll let something slip. It wouldn't surprise me at this point if @marni1971 himself knows the whole Endgame plot. :D
Sometimes, I think, some of us aren't trying to get more info from Marni. It's that we went to hear that clue with missed the first time he dropped a hint. Not every comment he makes is a hint, and somehow, even though we know many of his post do have hints, we still miss them entirely. Maybe if he repeats it, some of us "slower" individuals will pick up on it (I categorize myself as "slower" in picking up on his hints, so don't get mad at me if you think I was referring to you).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom