News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

SteamboatJoe

To use a baseball analogy based on what I've seen so far, to me, this looks like a likely double, could be legged out into a triple. It may get some extra credit for what it does for Odyssey.

Grand Slam = Complete update of the original WoL concept in the true spirit of EPCOT Center, attractions included, with minimal, if any, use of IP.

Home Run = Complete update of the original WoL concept primarily featuring related IPs (Big Hero 6, Inside Out) and retaining some of the pavilion's original IPs

Triple = An alternative theme which utilizes this space, that embaces the spirit of EPCOT Center, with or without IPs, and includes attractions

Double = An alternative theme which utilizes the space and appropriate IPs, with or without an attraction.

Single = An alternative theme which utilizes the space but features misfit IPs.

Walk/Ball = A refurbished party/dance/special cupcake event space.

Strikeout = Closing it, keeping it as is, DVC Central, or cabanas.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You know that big lake.....

Although I expect Wonders to still have some space.

Oh, I get it. They're draining part of World Showcase Lagoon and making it into the new Festival Center!!! Will it have seating for the new now-half-lagoon show? What about FP+ reservations? More importantly - Will it have a separate up-charge area for those needing to spend lots of money and feel special??? 🤣 (None of this is serious, in case anyone reads it and freaks out)

ToTBellHop

Oh, I get it. They're draining part of World Showcase Lagoon and making it into the new Festival Center!!! Will it have seating for the new now-half-lagoon show? What about FP+ reservations? More importantly - Will it have a separate up-charge area for those needing to spend lots of money and feel special??? 🤣 (None of this is serious, in case anyone reads it and freaks out)
On the other hand, the lake next to the Rose Gardens is pretty. Pity to lose it but we must have our festivals...

Brer Oswald

I half expect Disney to buy the Nintendo deal off of Universal and airlift Peach’s Castle onto the American pavilion.

Surferboy567

This is great...better then an abandoned WoL. It's looking like I'm gonna get my Wreck it Ralph representation I wanted, same with Zootopia! As for the IP's it's looking like Incredibles, (Edna emoji head) Ralph, Inside Out, Zootopia. Liking the Emoji Blitz icons. @marni1971 I'm assuming the dome has a projected sky ALA Ralph Breaks the Internet? Now we just need Poppins...

jt04

This could have been Space Mountain's fate. This works much better.

If Epcot was still a concept this would have been converted to a moon base of Mars base. No turning back now.

Will definitely draw MK crowds.

Best news is we are getting a Preview Center!

JJJ

I'm actually pretty excited for it! I'm definitley not in the target audience for the pavilion, but it looks like it will be an improvement to what was there before. From watching old videos of Wonders of Life, everything (besides Body Wars and Cranium Command) seemed to be targeted towards kids, with exhibits that seem quite dated today. I think/hope this will blow that section away.

Andrew M

It looks like WiR
ralphbreakstheinternet_b.jpg

edit:
By the way, i hope it has true atractions inside the pavilion and not only stores and totems with "mobile" apps.

That's exactly what I thought of too. I know it may annoy the Epcot Purists, but that can be a great area if done correctly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom