News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

ToTBellHop

All kidding aside, um, yeah... I don't think East was very busy at the time of closure. A few M&Gs that had some lines, but stuff like the Piggy Bank adventure or Where's the Fire were always dead when I walked through there in recent years.
I was referring to the M&Gs, which is what this new fluff will be. Most of us will stop in, say “looks pretty neat,” take a few pics, and never return unless we need to escape the Mustafarian summer heat.

doctornick

Agreed...there was a lot of beautiful square footage that could have been put to much better use.

Sure. And another piece of beautiful square footage that was underused was the WoL pavilion which thankfully they are returning to regular guest use.

Now just add some rides/shows to the rest of the space there to make it complete.

Last edited:

Disney Maddux

All kidding aside, um, yeah... I don't think East was very busy at the time of closure. A few M&Gs that had some lines, but stuff like the Piggy Bank adventure or Where's the Fire were always dead when I walked through there in recent years.
Lil correction, Piggy Bank and Where's the Fire were in the other side that closed in 2016. The building on the WoL side had Stormstruck, Habit Heroes, and Sum of All Thrills.

doctornick

Lil correction, Piggy Bank and Where's the Fire were in the other side that closed in 2016. The building on the WoL side had Stormstruck, Habit Heroes, and Sum of All Thrills.

That's correct. I said "East" but I meant "West" which is the one that was torn down and people are complaining about them not re-using.

doctornick

Having something in the WoL pavilion is certainly better than leaving it empty, but what a terrible misuse.

What is going to be there now is probably going to be similar in scope to what was in the main building of WoL in the past (albeit not health themed). The bigger difference is the lack of the ride and shows. I really think if they would put a ride in the Body Wars space and/or a new show in the Cranium Command theater, it would very much enhance this pavilion and the side of the park. If I understand things correctly, those spaces are just being left empty and aren't being used for Play!

UNCgolf

What is going to be there now is probably going to be similar in scope to what was in the main building of WoL in the past (albeit not health themed). The bigger difference is the lack of the ride and shows. I really think if they would put a ride in the Body Wars space and/or a new show in the Cranium Command theater, it would very much enhance this pavilion and the side of the park. If I understand things correctly, those spaces are just being left empty and aren't being used for Play!

That's really what I mean -- they're not using any of the attraction space.

I also think the health themed stuff in WoL was more interesting than anything they've shown/suggested for the Play! Pavilion (not to mention it actually made sense in EPCOT in a way Play! does not), but the lack of anything going in at Body Wars and Cranium Command is laughable.

TrippedUp

That's really what I mean -- they're not using any of the attraction space.

I also think the health themed stuff in WoL was more interesting than anything they've shown/suggested for the Play! Pavilion (not to mention it actually made sense in EPCOT in a way Play! does not), but the lack of anything going in at Body Wars and Cranium Command is laughable.

It was previously stated that operations wouldn't turn the attraction space over to imagineering, so it was off the table. I think we all kinda hoped that meant cranium command might yet live again, but its pretty clear from bio's aerials that those spaces were reconfigured as an operations support area, with a third floor being built in the simulator hall to... store stuff.

I'm going off nothing here, but I have a feeling Imagineering didn't fight too hard on account of those are tiny show buildings. Anything you put in there wouldn't be a prestige project like the various enormous cubes we have at each park now. So they kick the can down the road and hope to level the spaces and go Soarin' on it at a later date.

DoleWhipDrea

I mean, I'd still love a ride like this, though I'd want them adjusting the attraction vehicles to seat parties together:

1639467881124.png

I don't hate IP, but I'd like a non-IP and relaxing attraction taking me to outer space. Disney became so desperate to replace slow attractions with thrill rides that they forgot about balance...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom