News New Pirates of the Caribbean-themed lounge

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Magic Kingdom's Pirates of the Caribbean Tower Unveiled After Refurbishment at Disney World​

Pirates-of-the-Caribbean_Full_57317.jpg

tissandtully

disneyC97

What would it take for them to ever bring back the various fountains in Caribbean Plaza? (Besides someone to budget it in!)

jmuboy

Was randomly daydreaming about WDW this morning. And it dawned on me that the idea of the reviving an old name in Adventureland for the new Pirates bar.
Call the new Pirates Bar - El Pirata y el Perico.

It’s a cool Disney Deep Cut for fans and call back to the early years of WDW. This is the original name of the Tortuga Tavern (for those who did not know). The name changed about 10-12 years back. Its Spanish and when translated it means "The Pirate and the Parrot." With the bar having a pirate theme and the Barker Parrot from the old PotC entry coming back to the bar when it opens, this could be a clever name for the location.

Guide to Disney World - El Pirata y el Perico Restaurante in Adventureland at Disney Magic Kingdom

Nickm2022

Is this where the lounge is going
same question, will say while I usually don't care this is the one ride where having a gift shop at the exit really sucks because of the crowd flow with first timers not knowing where to exit and kids running around hitting swords. Really hoping the gift shop stays across the street and the bar goes here.

Haymarket2008

Was randomly daydreaming about WDW this morning. And it dawned on me that the idea of the reviving an old name in Adventureland for the new Pirates bar.
Call the new Pirates Bar - El Pirata y el Perico.

It’s a cool Disney Deep Cut for fans and call back to the early years of WDW. This is the original name of the Tortuga Tavern (for those who did not know). The name changed about 10-12 years back. Its Spanish and when translated it means "The Pirate and the Parrot." With the bar having a pirate theme and the Barker Parrot from the old PotC entry coming back to the bar when it opens, this could be a clever name for the location.

Guide to Disney World - El Pirata y el Perico Restaurante in Adventureland at Disney Magic Kingdom

Phenomenal. I love it. Any and all OG Magic Kingdom references are welcome.

Quietmouse

Realistically I don’t know how this will work…

So I don’t know what the daily attendance is for magic kingdom, but I’m assuming it’s easily in tens of thousands.

The bar/lounge will have how many seating spots?

I just don’t understand how the capacity will meet with the demand?

Every mom and dad (assuming they are purposely leading a sober life) will want a drink to take a break from the chaos… but how does the capacity meet that demand ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom