News New Pirates of the Caribbean-themed lounge

Andrew25

I've been surprisingly happy with Tortuga the last few times I caught it. The peanut butter, banana, and Nutella sandwich is simple but tasty.

As for the spring roll cart, I think the visibility of the cart when entering the land helps push sales. Many must see the line, walk over to see what's there, and then impulse purchase. It's also a good location for anyone waiting in the hub for a castle show, parade, whatever and that moving deeper into Adventureland would lose some sales. That said, I think they're popular enough that moving to a location selling other items risks increasing lines and people bawking that otherwise would purchase other stuff from the location.

Adding to your point though, they also lose sales when weather is poor and the cart needs to shut down. But anything they could build in the current location would require $$$ and maybe risks partially blocking Club 33 views. 🤪
Good points, was just thinking of why they haven't seen a more proper window/space for them. The options are strong enough to be the only offerings on the menu at Tortuga Tavern. The cart tends to close/run out by night, so there isn't much lost sales at the end of the night happening for fireworks.

SilentWindODoom

Well, there's no sense chasing after wind, much less wind that ignores you.

As for the spring roll cart, I think the visibility of the cart when entering the land helps push sales. Many must see the line, walk over to see what's there, and then impulse purchase. It's also a good location for anyone waiting in the hub for a castle show, parade, whatever and that moving deeper into Adventureland would lose some sales. That said, I think they're popular enough that moving to a location selling other items risks increasing lines and people bawking that otherwise would purchase other stuff from the location.

Adding to your point though, they also lose sales when weather is poor and the cart needs to shut down. But anything they could build in the current location would require $$$ and maybe risks partially blocking Club 33 views. 🤪

Good points, was just thinking of why they haven't seen a more proper window/space for them. The options are strong enough to be the only offerings on the menu at Tortuga Tavern. The cart tends to close/run out by night, so there isn't much lost sales at the end of the night happening for fireworks.

We were just talking... in some thread, I can't remember which anymore since relation to the topic doesn't help any... about putting additional options in the mid-land locations. Sunshine Tree Terrace is visible from the entrance and was famed for long lines and popularity. I wonder if that would be a decent enough permanent location. Spring roll cooking can't take up too much space. I've never been there while they've been a thing, do these lines you guys are mentioning reach long enough that the tail end can make the current location? Seems a win-win.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom