News New Pirates of the Caribbean-themed lounge

JoeCamel

There will be food, too. The question is: how extensive of a menu?

I hope they do better than Skipper Canteen. This should be themed to the nines.
They should have a bunch of effects and AAs, I think I know where a bunch of recently surplus ones are.....

Tortuga never had a kitchen so whatever can be shared
Yup the only inside info I’ve heard about this project was that “it’s going to be larger than people realize” which makes me believe it’s here and not in the old Pirates League space. But we’ll see.

mf1972

Pirate bar.....
it’ll actually be a pirate’s barrrr!
IMG_4908.gif

Last edited:

SilentWindODoom

Did the spring roll cart kick the bucket too?

IMO, Tortuga Tavern became irrelevant once they quit serving Tex-Mex, which was some time after 2014. I know it came out of the same kitchen as Pecos Bill, but when some of the items were simply moved to the PB menu, there were some changes made to them and they weren’t as good as they used to be. The taco salads and burritos at Tortuga Tavern were always good and the portions were large.

we miss those taco salads with the fixings bar. if i remember it was a good price for what u got.

I WASN'T INSANE!!! Friggin' Disney gaslighting them with their mobile taco bars.

Casey’s Corner
Main Street Bakery
Eggroll Cart
Sunshine Tree Terrace
Sleepy Hollow
Columbia House
Liberty Square Market
Pecos Bills
Golden Outpost
Pinocchio Village
Gastons
Friars Nook
Cosmic Rays

Well, I wouldn't count the carts as Counter/Quick Service. It's more of a snack thing. And that only leaves... ten...

Holy crap there's a lot.

And honestly Tortuga's at a bit of a disadvantage as it's stuffed in a corner of the park that's not a major thoroughfare and the most traffic the far street to Frontierland is people getting off Pirates and going to the mountains... but Pirates takes people in before Tortuga and lets out people where the quickest route is to go out the other side of Tortuga. It's very easy to completely miss it.

I kind of stopped caring but they need a permanent spot for beignets.

I want gumbo. :cry:

Except it leaves Adventureland with no proper QSR location. It’s a poor decision and further overwhelms other venues.

Is everything between the bathrooms and Skipper Canteen a part of Skipper Canteen? It would be a nice location to access the Diamond Horseshoe kitchens that have to be back there. 🤔

999th Happy Haunt

In terms of QSRs, it feels like Sunshine Tree never gets a footing in a land with another, better known soft serve Dole product location. They have access to the Skippers Canteen kitchen and I wish they’d turn it into a Bengal Barbecue type place.
But sir the Citrus Swirl (that the technically do not have anymore, the original mix has been replaced with dole whip orange for a while now)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom