News New Pirates of the Caribbean-themed lounge

castlecake2.0

The problem with MKs QSRs are they were built to handle crowds in 1971 and not 2024. The kitchens don’t have the capacity to do anything more high end than what they currently do while still trying to maintain the yield that management is squeezing out of them. If only they had more locations to spread the crowds and demand to ease the strain and allow more creative options to be served…

SilentWindODoom

The problem with MKs QSRs are they were built to handle crowds in 1971 and not 2024. The kitchens don’t have the capacity to do anything more high end than what they currently do while still trying to maintain the yield that management is squeezing out of them. If only they had more locations to spread the crowds and demand to ease the strain and allow more creative options to be served…

I noticed the Diamond Horseshoe not mentioned anywhere among any lists current, lost, or possibilities. What are they doing there now? In front of it is SO much more trodden ground than Tortuga ever was. If there's any need, they should just do the barbecue I can't believe they put in Tortuga there.

ToTBellHop

I noticed the Diamond Horseshoe not mentioned anywhere among any lists current, lost, or possibilities. What are they doing there now? In front of it is SO much more trodden ground than Tortuga ever was. If there's any need, they should just do the barbecue I can't believe they put in Tortuga there.
Diamond Horseshoe shares its kitchen with Liberty Tree and serves the same food.

doctornick

I mean do we even have a good answer as to why they don’t open Tomorrowland Terrace during the day? Seems like that being open for lunch is kind of a no brainer.

Could Gaston’s be developed into a more robust option?

dreamfinding

They clearly don’t think they have a capacity problem.
Of course they don’t - Mobile Ordering solves all of the problems.

They also don’t realize how empty the resorts are going to be for the rest of the year. They don’t even acknowledge the problem until it is far, far too late.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
According to ITM they are demolishing Pirates. ;)

1717974075536.png

doctornick

So, while I agree that MK needs for QSR, I am really excited about having a Pirates bar in the park. Oga's and Trader Sam's are both fun places to hang out - and I'm not even that big of a drinker - and I definitely think a Pirate concept in that vein would be cool.

Would be nice if they end up using the Pirate League space for something though. And opening up other QSR elsewhere. Someone mentioned that not having something in the Circus area was a miss and I agree as there was definitely space there and could easily have traditional fast food that fit the theme.

And return BOG to a quick serve lunch. And open up Tommorrowland Terrace. And Aunt Polly's.

JoeCamel

So, while I agree that MK needs for QSR, I am really excited about having a Pirates bar in the park. Oga's and Trader Sam's are both fun places to hang out - and I'm not even that big of a drinker - and I definitely think a Pirate concept in that vein would be cool.

Would be nice if they end up using the Pirate League space for something though. And opening up other QSR elsewhere. Someone mentioned that not having something in the Circus area was a miss and I agree as there was definitely space there and could easily have traditional fast food that fit the theme.

And return BOG to a quick serve lunch. And open up Tommorrowland Terrace. And Aunt Polly's.
I was only in the PL building once and thought it was a repurposed DVC shack? How much room is there?

UNCgolf

You're calling Casey's a QSR but not Liberty Square Market?

That's how Disney classifies them -- Casey's is considered a lunch/dinner QSR whereas Liberty Square Market is just a snack.

Probably because Casey's offers more than just a plain hot dog (and also has other hot items like french fries and chili) whereas LSM has just the plain hot dog and a turkey leg.

LSLS

My source just confirmed Tortuga will be the home of the new pirates bar at Magic Kingdom. It will operate similarly to Oga’s business model.
So I've never been in the Pirates League, but I'm assuming Tortuga is much bigger? If so, makes a ton of sense to me they switch it over there. I have a feeling this is going to be VERY popular, to the point having a couple bar areas might make a ton of sense, so more space the better (for both guests and profits). I'll stand by that there is a DESPERATE need for decent quick service that has options for everyone (especially in this area), but I completely get this move. I hope they really do it right.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
I’m not going to lie, there’s a lot to criticize Disney about, but they generally have quick service down (service-wise) even with their parks being older (particularly mobile order).

Universal could take some notes (and they have).

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I’m not going to lie, there’s a lot to criticize Disney about, but they generally have quick service down even with their parks being older (particularly mobile order).

Universal could take some notes (and they have).
Disney’s service game is indeed strong and no one is surprised MK focuses on theme park standards like burgers, pizza, and chicken nuggets.

It would just be nice if they upgraded kitchens to make better burgers and pizza like Connections.

I did hear Disney is switching back to chicken tenders…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom