News New Pirates of the Caribbean-themed lounge

lazyboy97o

thinking of QS, i can’t remember exactly when we’ve seen the tomorrowland terrace open, other than dessert parties. we usually travel down there in the fall. last thing i remember eating there was some kind of asian rice bowl. my best guess was that could’ve been 10-12 years ago. haven’t seen it open since then.
They did briefly reopen for mobile order testing in 2017.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Not really a hot take but I'll jump on this train; MK is severely lacking in QSR locations and the options there are in a terrible state. While not a fix on its own by any means, I feel like BOG could have at least been a step in the right direction if it had kept its hybrid model, but I guess they would rather just sell QSR food at TSR prices.

You're calling Casey's a QSR but not Liberty Square Market?
I'd argue that neither are proper QSR locations but have been forced to fill that niche due to a lack of others. Similar problem at Woody's Lunch Box.

dreamfinding

Not really a hot take but I'll jump on this train; MK is severely lacking in QSR locations and the options there are in a terrible state. While not a fix on its own by any means, I feel like BOG could have at least been a step in the right direction if it had kept its hybrid model, but I guess they would rather just sell QSR food at TSR prices.
Casey’s, Columbia and The Plaza (not QSR, but still) are the only locations where I will even consider getting food from in MK.

Captain Barbossa

thinking of QS, i can’t remember exactly when we’ve seen the tomorrowland terrace open, other than dessert parties. we usually travel down there in the fall. last thing i remember eating there was some kind of asian rice bowl. my best guess was that could’ve been 10-12 years ago. haven’t seen it open since then.
I’ve only eaten at Tomorrowland Terrace a handful of times at most. It was usually closed due to it being seasonal. Not sure if it has ever been open year round at any point since the move from its original location (where Cosmic Ray’s is) in 1995. Had breakfast there about 10 years ago and those were the best waffles I’ve had on property. And they were topped with fresh cut up strawberries. Not that mostly syrup crap with tiny microscopic pieces they use today.

dreamfinding

I’ve only eaten at Tomorrowland Terrace a handful of times at most. It was usually closed due to it being seasonal.
Had breakfast there about 10 years ago and those were the best waffles I’ve had on property.
I can’t comprehend why they don’t use the space. Couldn’t it feasibly be opened from park open to 3:00 PM? That would give the CMs ample time to clear the space and then turn it over for the fireworks party.

It could even be two different shifts - one shift for regular operations and then the shift for dessert party.

disneyC97

Ate at Tomorrowland Terrace in July 2021.
Lunchtime…think maybe only mobile order?
It was packed with one poor cm trying to clean up an overflowing garbage can.

SilentWindODoom

Huh... I just realized... they can totally just reuse the Tortuga Tavern moniker. It's perfect, as long as they don't think it will cause huge confusion with super casual fans.

Now that I think of it, that sounds like a sitcom episode with a character going home and finding everything different. "Hey, I got the best tacos here." "Well, now it's a trendy bar and you can't get in with those shoes."

EricsBiscuit

I hope they don’t remove the beautiful theming at the Tortuga Tavern
IMG_2469.jpeg
IMG_2470.jpeg

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member

I know it’s been closed since at least the parks reopened from COVID.

Tomorrowland Terrace was open at least in December 2020 with some Columbia Harbor House stuff while CHH was still pandemic closed. CHH did not reopen until later the following summer but I cannot remember if Tomorrowland Terrace was open the entire time or only during holidays. Dessert parties were not happening at the time.

aladdin2007

I can’t comprehend why they don’t use the space. Couldn’t it feasibly be opened from park open to 3:00 PM? That would give the CMs ample time to clear the space and then turn it over for the fireworks party.

It could even be two different shifts - one shift for regular operations and then the shift for dessert party.
they want everyone corralled into one or two venues as much as possible so they can save on expenses, operating costs, and cast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom