News New Pirates of the Caribbean-themed lounge

ToTBellHop

As far as I know there has been no change to the plan to use the Pirates League, with some adjustments.

Tortuga is in hybernation, which is not new for the location.

This is what it currently looks like.

Tortuga-Tavern_Full_56738.jpg
Don’t we all wish we could hibernate in Florida’s summer? Suddenly, I tell the kids we need to binge ride the Hall of Presidents!

1719333858924.gif

JohnD

Maybe this has already been asked, by "lounge", do they mean somewhere you can walk up, order adult beverages and food and sit down? Currently, the only way to get adult beverages in MK is in a table service restaurant.

Disneydad1012

Maybe this has already been asked, by "lounge", do they mean somewhere you can walk up, order adult beverages and food and sit down? Currently, the only way to get adult beverages in MK is in a table service restaurant.
Its been stated it will be a place like Oga's so reservation needed.

CampbellzSoup

I’m still not getting what the point of a DVC lounge is??? You literally can sit anywhere else in Disney World or do they expect to be a place where you can sit and get pushed to buy more points?

WeNamedTheDogIndiana

I’m still not getting what the point of a DVC lounge is??? You literally can sit anywhere else in Disney World or do they expect to be a place where you can sit and get pushed to buy more points?
The rich (or willing to save or go in debt) get to be in a relatively quiet, air-conditioned space away from the average guests.

My parents are the middle-class DVC family that nobody here chooses to believe in, so I visited the Imagination lounge once. It's quiet, open, and cold. That means a lot at 2 pm in Florida.

It's not to sell DVC; it's a perk of already being DVC.

Prince-1

It is a place to go to that is air conditioned, not overly crowded, and get some light snacks/drinks. It is a nice place to relax for a little while.

JustInTime

As far as I know there has been no change to the plan to use the Pirates League, with some adjustments.

Tortuga is in hybernation, which is not new for the location.

This is what it currently looks like.

Tortuga-Tavern_Full_56738.jpg
Interesting. My contact is within management but they have gotten it wrong before (they aren’t told everything). I’ll follow back up to see what I can find out.

Andrew25

Even when it was open, Tortuga didn't do much business (and the food offerings were abysmal).

For any operations/F&B insiders here... how come WDW hasn't moved (or given) the egg roll cart a more /permanent location? It's current location is a bit of a tight pinch and the Tortuga Tavern offers more capacity/seating to enjoy the egg rolls.

castlecake2.0

Even when it was open, Tortuga didn't do much business (and the food offerings were abysmal).

For any operations/F&B insiders here... how come WDW hasn't moved (or given) the egg roll cart a more /permanent location? It's current location is a bit of a tight pinch and the Tortuga Tavern offers more capacity/seating to enjoy the egg rolls.
I think they like the scene it causes, adds to the hype

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member

I've been surprisingly happy with Tortuga the last few times I caught it. The peanut butter, banana, and Nutella sandwich is simple but tasty.

As for the spring roll cart, I think the visibility of the cart when entering the land helps push sales. Many must see the line, walk over to see what's there, and then impulse purchase. It's also a good location for anyone waiting in the hub for a castle show, parade, whatever and that moving deeper into Adventureland would lose some sales. That said, I think they're popular enough that moving to a location selling other items risks increasing lines and people bawking that otherwise would purchase other stuff from the location.

Adding to your point though, they also lose sales when weather is poor and the cart needs to shut down. But anything they could build in the current location would require $$$ and maybe risks partially blocking Club 33 views. 🤪

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom