News New Pirates of the Caribbean-themed lounge

Cmdr_Crimson

$5 at Six Flags!
Ah, but now they have this swift K to the D! Let's hope Disney doesn't think this is a good idea..
GOdY_FGaMAAs_Ns.jpg:large

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
the story thus far:

I know there has been chatter, but two of my contacts today have both confirmed they have heard nothing about this project being cancelled and is still on.

Was it rumored to be canceled?

There has been some chatter in other threads and Twitter so I figured I’d squash it.

Interesting permit today. Contractor is Whiting Turner Contracting Company, one of the big contractors and the expiration is 8/31/2025. Might be for this project.

4873 CARIBBEAN WY # B(CARIBBEAN PLAZA) - General Construction

Looks like tortuga tavern has permanently closed leaving adventureland with no quick service option for hot food

When was it last open?

Interesting Tortuga closed. I wouldn’t think it’s related to this unless they have expanded the idea to be a full service restaurant.

There will be food, too. The question is: how extensive of a menu?

I hope they do better than Skipper Canteen. This should be themed to the nines.

Earlier plans had Tortuga opening to replace Pecos as it went down for the Tiana's conversion. While rumblings elsewhere still say something is happening to Pecos, it looks like they might be trying to get the pirate bar open first.

Not becoming Tiana's, but still getting some work apparently. The more ambitious conversion was shelved, unfortunately. It looked good.

Haven't seen any permits for Tortuga but there was an electrical permit for Pecos Bill's this week.

Here’s a look at Tortuga Tavern from today. The windows to the food service area are completely blocked out from the inside.

My source just confirmed Tortuga will be the home of the new pirates bar at Magic Kingdom. It will operate similarly to Oga’s business model.

No, it’s going in the former restaurant space. I was surprised to hear!!!

The Pirates bar/lounge is going in the old Tortuga location.

View attachment 790208

Yep. Should be pretty cool, honestly. Some snacky foods, too. It’s gotten a glow-up from the original proposal.

Reservations only and 45 minutes max at a time?

Any chance counter service windows return to offer some kind of QSR here?

They keep going on about adding capacity while consistently taking it away

Is it confirmed that this lounge will serve alcoholic beverages? Really hope it's not mirroring the "standing room only" aspect of Oga's.

I would not expect to see QSR windows.

I was told there will not be takeaway food or drinks.

So Pirates League is going to continue to sit empty?

It will be alcoholic. I wasn’t told specifics on seating but should be both seating and standing room. This footprint is bigger than Oga’s.

So the question is, what is the permit for the Caribbean Coutyard for? Unless the address was a mistake and it's actually for Tortuga. They both have the same address but Tortuga is #A.

Yes! The footprint is much larger. Should have some good options, too.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Question, to any insiders who know..

If they are putting the Pirates lounge in area next to ride in shop area....
Is there a chance Tortuga will get changed to Tiana's instead of Pecos Bill rumor?

Has there been any discussion of this?

thanks

FigmentFan82

Question, to any insiders who know..

If they are putting the Pirates lounge in area next to ride in shop area....
Is there a chance Tortuga will get changed to Tiana's instead of Pecos Bill rumor?

Has there been any discussion of this?

thanks
The prevailing rumor at the moment is the Pirates Bar will be going in Tortuga Tavern

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom