New PeopleMover dialogue?

Tom Morrow

The Tomorrowland 94 Peoplemover sign that this is replacing didn’t say TTA either.
It did.

TTA.jpg

Left = 1994
Right = 2009 (previous sign)

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
"I don't agree with your assessment, therefor I will be dismissive and state that you are thinking too hard about it."

It is officially called the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover. The sign should say the official name. Even if people don't typically refer to it by the full name. Don't seem like too crazy of a concept to me. Should they replace the "Spaceship Earth" sign with "Epcot Ball" since ThAtS WhAt PeOpLe CaLL iT?

It is also well known that the departments within WDW don't communicate which is why we get stuff like official merchandise incorrectly labeling a character as "Master Gracey" and such. Or why the previous (awful) TTA narration mentioned that the Carousel of Progress was "four families". With the wildly varying levels of talent and experience doing things at WDW these days it would not surprise me in the slightest if the team behind the sign did not even bother to learn the full name of the attraction.
New rumor: WDW to rename Tomorrowland to "Theme Park Land With Nondescript Roller Coasters."

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
"I don't agree with your assessment, therefor I will be dismissive and state that you are thinking too hard about it."

It is officially called the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover. The sign should say the official name. Even if people don't typically refer to it by the full name. Don't seem like too crazy of a concept to me. Should they replace the "Spaceship Earth" sign with "Epcot Ball" since ThAtS WhAt PeOpLe CaLL iT?

It is also well known that the departments within WDW don't communicate which is why we get stuff like official merchandise incorrectly labeling a character as "Master Gracey" and such. Or why the previous (awful) TTA narration mentioned that the Carousel of Progress was "four families". With the wildly varying levels of talent and experience doing things at WDW these days it would not surprise me in the slightest if the team behind the sign did not even bother to learn the full name of the attraction.

Cmdr_Crimson

Goofnut1980

This was groundbreaking! I mean... now I can visit the parks. We don't to worry about anything else. Nothing was or could be as pressing as replacing this sign...... :rolleyes:

James Alucobond

This was groundbreaking! I mean... now I can visit the parks. We don't to worry about anything else. Nothing was or could be as pressing as replacing this sign...... :rolleyes:
I forget, do we care about maintenance or do we not? Several months ago, folks were livid over something as minor as temporary vinyl overlays on FastPass signage while they were changing it out for Lightning Lane. Now we're apparently annoyed that they preemptively refreshed a sign before the old one crumbled.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I forget, do we care about maintenance or do we not? Several months ago, folks were livid over something as minor as temporary vinyl overlays on FastPass signage while they were changing it out for Lightning Lane. Now we're apparently annoyed that they preemptively refreshed a sign before the old one crumbled.
The implications in the new signage leads to rampant speculation about why the term "TTA" was removed, and maybe that's why there's such angst over this.

James Alucobond

The implications in the new signage leads to rampant speculation about why the term "TTA" was removed, and maybe that's why there's such angst over this.
The only angst seemed to be over the incongruity between the stated official name of the attraction online / in maps versus what appears in Tomorrowland. The new signage actually matches the new narration, where a distinction is made between the TTA as an organization / system and the PeopleMover vehicle itself.

VOICE OVER LOUDSPEAKER: This is the TTA blue line, non-stop service around Tomorrowland.
ORAC-5: Greetings, intergalactic travelers! Welcome aboard the PeopleMover, presented by Enterprise.

For all we know, maps and web materials will be updated soon as well.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Over the years there seems to have been a dimunition of the phrase in signage that probably prefigures dumping "TTA" in lieu of just "People Mover."

Mission accomplished: Childhoods destroyed.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

Of all the things to get upset about, this is one of them.

The main sign (and the guide map) should absolutely have the entire official name. I agree with you. It doesn't need to have the entire name on all signage or references.

Now, I wouldn't personally care at all if they just dropped Tomorrowland Transit Authority/TTA completely and it became simply Peoplemover officially. Would match its DLR counterpart - which, oddly is rumored to be making a comeback. But they have not done that, so the sign should have entire name of the attraction. Which looks like it could be fit above the current 'Peoplemover' text without much issue.

I'm only thinking that TTA being dropped could eventually lead to a retheming of Tomorrowland and dropping the TTA storyline overall, which could lead to bulldozing the Speedway, which would make me very happy. Especially if it means the same for Autopia.

Last edited:

Poly1974

Over the years there seems to have been a dimunition of the phrase in signage that probably prefigures dumping "TTA" in lieu of just "People Mover."

Missing accomplished: Childhoods destroyed.
I guess it depends on when your childhood happened. For me, it's a return to the way I remember it. Just plain "Peoplemover."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom