New PeopleMover dialogue?

Goofyernmost

It’s a start but that scene needs a total revamp. But I’ll take some progress. 😉
Not going to happen! Disney no longer makes any effort to predict the future. Besides as a society we are moving so far backwards at warp speeds that soon it will be the future again the way it is shown now.

spock8113

"Paging Mr. Day, Mr. Tom Day"? Just doesn't have the snap like the old sound track.
"Paging Mr. Swires, Mr. Lou Swires......zzzzz.......zzzzt.......pffft."

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Agreed. The sign seems to be another, well, sign, that the departments that make up WDW do not communicate enough. A different team clearly worked on the signs vs. the narration.
Or... Perhaps... Saying "Tomorrowland Transit Authority" is just not necessary in the sign... Ya'll are thinking way too hard on this particular case. And that's coming from someone who says PeopleMover is his favorite ride on property.

Goofyernmost

Or... Perhaps... Saying "Tomorrowland Transit Authority" is just not necessary in the sign... Ya'll are thinking way too hard on this particular case. And that's coming from someone who says PeopleMover is his favorite ride on property.
Agreed, I have to ask if someone said what ride do you want to ride on, would one say, Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover or would one just say the Peoplemover? I swear, they do have medicine to help calm OCD these days. ;)

disneyfireman

Always glad when something is fixed up. People mover is a must. And they didn’t do something stupid with the dialog. It’s still kinda classic.

Cmdr_Crimson

d68f337aedb76d4b048f57afa0c8e79c26458b37.gif

Tom Morrow

"I don't agree with your assessment, therefor I will be dismissive and state that you are thinking too hard about it."

It is officially called the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover. The sign should say the official name. Even if people don't typically refer to it by the full name. Don't seem like too crazy of a concept to me. Should they replace the "Spaceship Earth" sign with "Epcot Ball" since ThAtS WhAt PeOpLe CaLL iT?

It is also well known that the departments within WDW don't communicate which is why we get stuff like official merchandise incorrectly labeling a character as "Master Gracey" and such. Or why the previous (awful) TTA narration mentioned that the Carousel of Progress was "four families". With the wildly varying levels of talent and experience doing things at WDW these days it would not surprise me in the slightest if the team behind the sign did not even bother to learn the full name of the attraction.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom