New PeopleMover dialogue?

DCBaker

Premium Member
The PeopleMover directional sign that used to be in the red box has been removed -

17D21677-A0C3-485D-BFD1-77CB46B0F727.jpeg

fgmnt

The PeopleMover directional sign that used to be in the red box has been removed -

View attachment 664166

One of the weirdest vestiges of Tomorrowland 94 is finally gone. Is the companion Astro Orbiter sign still around the tower?

After these signs, the only other things I can think of that stand out as 94 Tomorrowland are the Astro Orbiter redesign, that garish Power and Light Building that they should have demolished, Cosmic Ray's, and the metal trees that are around the area.

Animaniac93-98

One of the weirdest vestiges of Tomorrowland 94 is finally gone. Is the companion Astro Orbiter sign still around the tower?

After these signs, the only other things I can think of that stand out as 94 Tomorrowland are the Astro Orbiter redesign, that garish Power and Light Building that they should have demolished, Cosmic Ray's, and the metal trees that are around the area.

Don't forget the big yellow tower and fins on top of where Alien Encounter used to be, plus the rocks in the hub.

Animaniac93-98

I have to assume money is the only reason Astro Orbiter will stay as is. The planets haven't worked in years and it no longer matches the look of the rest of Tomorrowland. The land would look better if it were changed and the above mentioned Alice Encounter decorations were removed.

trainplane3

Don't forget the big yellow tower and fins on top of where Alien Encounter used to be, plus the rocks in the hub.
I still remember it being mentioned on here that yellow tower was going to be painted blue and the fins were going to be removed.

4 years ago.

(Nothing against the person saying that. Just WDW being WDW with doing things)

James Alucobond

With the way Light & Power is being redone, it'll probably be neutral enough to not be evocative of the '94 revisions. It should still probably go eventually, but as long as they excise all the gear detailing, it'll be fine. The rock formations out front are likewise pretty style-agnostic.

To me, the ongoing offenders are:
  • the facade details on the Stitch side of the main promenade
  • the Astro Orbiter
  • the Cool Ship
  • the rocket props near Tomorrowland Terrace
  • the metallic palms
  • the stage
  • the pylons that were painted white but not reshaped appropriately
  • the remnants of the gear pavement
  • the red line and salon scenes aboard the PeopleMover
  • the interior decor and signage of some shops and restaurants in the area
Most of the remaining problem areas honestly just need simplification. The Astro Orbiter, for instance, isn't problematic in theory, but the orrery elements need to be simplified, and the color scheme needs to be revisited. Also, I'd love it if the palms got replaced with something akin to a scaled-down version of these:
Singapore_Gardens_by_the_Bay_Supertree_Grove_18-9419fbcdd5be4ef2aeaf156df8ad3ae5.jpeg

Last edited:

JoeCamel

With the way Light & Power is being redone, it'll probably be neutral enough to not be evocative of the '94 revisions. It should still probably go eventually, but as long as they excise all the gear detailing, it'll be fine. The rock formations out front are likewise pretty style-agnostic.

• the Astro Orbiter
  • the Cool Ship
  • the metallic palms
  • the stage
Most of the remaining problem areas honestly just need simplification. The Astro Orbiter, for instance, isn't problematic in theory, but the orrery elements need to be simplified, and the color scheme needs to be revisited. Also, I'd love it if the palms got replaced with something akin to a scaled-down version of these:
View attachment 664429
This is modern disney being modern so they will just clear cut them to improve flow for the millions to come

Poly1974

• the Astro Orbiter
  • the Cool Ship
  • the metallic palms
  • the stage
View attachment 664429
These look more like something that belongs in Pandora to me.

Goofnut1980

I forget, do we care about maintenance or do we not? Several months ago, folks were livid over something as minor as temporary vinyl overlays on FastPass signage while they were changing it out for Lightning Lane. Now we're apparently annoyed that they preemptively refreshed a sign before the old one crumbled.
But when attractions have portions not working or havent had some love in a long time, does replacing a sign really just put lipstick on a pig?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom