New Park Rumored in Missouri!

Status
Not open for further replies.

starkfamily04

Actually 50% of the country could drive to Branson in one day. I agree that it probably won't happen but who knows. If I was planning on building something humongeous that could raise the price of local real estate I would deny it too. I just hope that this isn't a hoax to raise land prices. Branson is already on the the top vacation getaways for families with 7 million visitors a year and that number is growing fast. In addition, the average household income is arund $60,000. So people are definately spending money there. Besides it is beautiful out there. Here in Missouri Branson is where people go to have a vacation. I don't know anyone who goes to the Disney parks regularily but they do go to Branson quite a bit.

I know the weather isn't perfect but the winters are actually quite mild. Besides they chould capitlize on the changing of the seasons.

Scar Junior

Well, I hate to say I told you so, so I'll just say what I said before: this rumor is garbage.

Nothing against the OP. They might not have known about the continuous rumors of parks around the country and most likely heard a rumor and got excited. They wanted to share info with us. Thanks for that.

Additionally, those who were talking about how MO was Walt's childhood home: that would have 0 influence on a company spending $1 billion+. Let's think logically people. You think stock holders across the world want to pay tribute to Walt liking where he grew up by risking their own money? Nope.

I see many people who were supporting this rumor's validity by talking about how great Branson is. Ummm... newsflash: Branson is a joke. It's on par with Wisconsin Dells and Dollywood. I'm sure there is money to be made their and that's great their population supposedly takes home $60,000. But how this would factor into Disney investing one billion dollars, I have no idea...

Other quick points:
- DLP's winter monts are often catastophic.
- FL and the county gave Disney its own government and ridiculous tax breaks/ zoning rights and business freedoms.
- Similarly, FL was so unique and unprecedented that something like this will never happen again. Read "Married to the Mouse"
- If they ever built in the Midwest it would be near Chicago... not some highway most people have never heard of.
- Your arguments are all based off emotion. That is never a good thing.
- You're welcome to discuss why it would be a good idea, but be prepared to people to tell you why it would be a bad idea and challenge your logic.
- A 'good idea' and a resort being built are two different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom