New Park Rumored in Missouri!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaman

Lets face it, we've heard similar claims before (Texas comes to mind); and like all the others its an interesting rumor. My question is (and probably always will be), wouldn't a new resort area like DLR and WDW in the middle of the country (anywhere really) canabalize the others? Anything on the mainland anyway. I woud imagine any new "standard" theme park would go either at DLR or WDW. That's not to say we won't see a DVC resort...or a mini-themepark/entertainment complex. Maybe even both? As SJFPKT alludes to in their post...the location is an interesting one. Maybe they're just buying land to buy it....:shrug: :lookaroun

Shaman

Ding!Ding!Ding!
THE WINNAH!
:D

No parks will be built outside WDW or DL in the US. Ever.
Possibility of one of the small, site-based, attractions....but not a park. :rolleyes:

:lol:
Good to know. These smaller "site-based" attractions sound interesting....we keep hearing about them, what exactly does Disney have in mind when they refer to them?

JimboJones123

Why is it so important to everybody to be a BUTT HOLE everytime somebody puts together one of these rumors. WE ALL GET THEY SAY THEY AREN'T GOING TO BUILD ANYTHING ANY TIME SOON! Why be a prick about it each time? It's the same folks that think they NEED to chime in each time. What does that do for you? Do you mark it on your wall of debunked rumors? Do you call your friends and family and brag about how superior you are to others? Does it feed good? I hope so, cause you all look like real nice folks when you do it. It can be debated on if it would be a good idea or not but to call the OP names and put them down is not only rude, but actually mean. It might actually be a great crossroads. The weather can get pretty cold though. Ask Sea World how the Cleveland park is doing. BTW anybody hear about the new Ski Mountian in NORTH TEXAS??? Disney has been working the ground they have there all winter...... Debunk all you want. It is DISNEY OWNED LAND -- and that LAND IS BEING MOVED RIGHT NOW. Doesn't mean new park -- might though....

jedimaster1227

I think the 'Crossroads of America" is just the perfect place for another Disney Park-- especially with a new CARS attraction!

Um.... No. Not a Disney park, not now, not ever...

Disney's America is a dead project. Another Disney park within the U.S. isn't happening either (except inside of the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts).

This rumor (while somewhat new) ranks up there with this year's latest park rumor for Texas...

None of them are happening... :wave:

JimboJones123

Um.... No. Not a Disney park, not now, not ever...

Disney's America is a dead project. Another Disney park within the U.S. isn't happening either (except inside of the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts).

This rumor (while somewhat new) ranks up there with this year's latest park rumor for Texas...

None of them are happening... :wave:
I rest my case.

napnet

I'll go with a simple idea of whats going on... people starting rumors to drive up land prices around the area... if only i could start a rumor that would double my land value...

JimboJones123

I'll go with a simple idea of whats going on... people starting rumors to drive up land prices around the area... if only i could start a rumor that would double my land value...
Even better if you live in the "crossroads" of not really near anything.

jedimaster1227

Why is it so important to everybody to be a BUTT HOLE everytime somebody puts together one of these rumors. WE ALL GET THEY SAY THEY AREN'T GOING TO BUILD ANYTHING ANY TIME SOON! Why be a prick about it each time? It's the same folks that think they NEED to chime in each time. What does that do for you? Do you mark it on your wall of debunked rumors? Do you call your friends and family and brag about how superior you are to others? Does it feed good? I hope so, cause you all look like real nice folks when you do it. It can be debated on if it would be a good idea or not but to call the OP names and put them down is not only rude, but actually mean. It might actually be a great crossroads. The weather can get pretty cold though. Ask Sea World how the Cleveland park is doing. BTW anybody hear about the new Ski Mountian in NORTH TEXAS??? Disney has been working the ground they have there all winter...... Debunk all you want. It is DISNEY OWNED LAND -- and that LAND IS BEING MOVED RIGHT NOW. Doesn't mean new park -- might though....

Disney deals in real estate all the time, it doesn'tmean there is a new park... Sorry if you think we are being rude, but when the rumors are false, there is no point in letting those who don't know the truth not have it (or let the real estate agents try to jack up the prices of the land).

I rest my case.

Considering that we have had a good 15+ threads on the topic of "New Park in ______," I'd say we have the right to speak our minds, especially when the topic is so redundant...

It could be Fisher again! :eek:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Remember, Disney Co., like many othger large companies, often buy land for investment and other reasons. In most cases there is zero intent to ever use it for their own purposes.

JimboJones123

Considering that we have had a good 15+ threads on the topic of "New Park in ______," I'd say we have the right to speak our minds, especially when the topic is so redundant...
Huh, just like all the Imagination pavilion threads that you hope and dream in that people feel like they have to come along and be a jerk in.... huh....

jedimaster1227

Huh, just like all the Imagination pavilion threads that you hope and dream in that people feel like they have to come along and be a jerk in.... huh....

I'm sorry but again, I don't see why you are attempting to be so offensive... If you don't like the people on this forum, ignore them... Simple enough... :shrug:

speck76

Me too! I'm wondering if the whole "Disney's America" thing isn't really dead-- the Midwest would be a great spot!

not really...

Disney parks are too expensive to operate on a seasonal basis...and NOBODY is going to MO in the colder months when Florida is an option.

zjer

If there aren't palm trees at a Disney park, I'm not going. Animal Kingdom would be wicked lame without the tropical feel. I would wave at the mid-west park as I am flying over it on my way to Florida.

Maybe they are looking for a place to relocate Dino-Rama....The mid-west has a good fit.:hammer:

macsmom

While I honestly don't think Disney would build a park in Missouri, the location stated is not too bad. Joplin is located on I-44 which is Route 66. Runs right through Missouri into Oklahoma to the west and Illinois to the east. One of the busiest highways in the country. I should be so lucky that I would have a Disney park three hours from my home!

danna

Champion

How many times can we hear these rumors...there won't be another US Park for about 10 years...it isn't going to Texas, it isn't going to Missouri...and it's not going to Albany or Canada...can we just start a rumor now that the next park will be up next to ESPN in Bristol, CT?

That is a place where Disney actually DOES own a ton of land.

But they will never build a park there. Ever.

Kristi Kay

I've been hearing these rumors for ever. I've heard Disney bought property in Branson, Harrison AR, Mountain View AR and other locations throughout Missouri.

And I can see why they would chose to do something in MO. It's Walt's home after all and the idea of a "Disney Mid-America" makes sence, but since the rumors have been going on for so long, I'll have to say, I'll believe it when I see it....and if I see it...I'll be running down to apply for a job....

SJFPKT

Let me repeat that I don't think this will happen but just an FYI to those of you who say that it won't happen due to the climate..I can assure you that the climate of southern MO is not any colder than where they were going to build a park in VA so that being said climate is apparently not an issue

speck76

Let me repeat that I don't think this will happen but just an FYI to those of you who say that it won't happen due to the climate..I can assure you that the climate of southern MO is not any colder than where they were going to build a park in VA so that being said climate is apparently not an issue
A small park in a large metro area (and one of the highest visted areas in the US)

SJFPKT

A small park in a large metro area (and one of the highest visted areas in the US)

I agree I am just saying if people are gonna visit a Disney Park if it is cold then they are gonna go wherever to visit said park. Heck just discount ticket prices and cut back hours during the winter months..or have yourself a winter wonderland. There would be plenty of things to do that could keep it open during the cold. I just don't think they will be building a park period. I don't think that the climate of Joplin MO would be the deciding factor

speck76

it snows each year in Tokyo and Paris also....but the parks are in Tokyo and Paris...

A cold park in DC, or New York, or Chicago may work....

MO....notsomuch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom