New Park Rules.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Agreed, but if you're two "bad" experiences at WDW over the course of the past 7 years both included people admitting they are from Alabama (for whatever reason made them do that I do not know) during the mayhem, then I think it's fair to say judgement can be passed...
So you just automatically categorize 5 million people into the same boat because of two small groups that you met an an amusement park?

wdwstateofmind

So you just automatically categorize 5 million people into the same boat because of two small groups that you met an an amusement park?
So if someone has a problem with Brazilian tour groups that's okay, but no one can have a problem with Alabama? Sort of convenient for your argument don't you think?

Foolish Mortal

LOOK UP, LOOK UP, LOOK UP !!!!!!! No texting or looking down at an electronic device while walking. Automatic ejection from the park with a 24 hour ban on ticket media from all parks.

BrittanyRose428

No Brazillian Groups (I notice this pops up quite often)
No cutting in lines
No drinking from Starbucks in WDW
No eating of Edys Ice Cream if you are already grossly overweight
No waving cameras in front of others who are trying to see the show
No flashes of cameras
No failing of personal hygiene
I'm surprised no one has said anything yet, but I'm overweight, and I will eat all the ice cream I like during my vacation. I don't know about you, but I don't really care about what other people are eating...

awoogala

1. No one is allowed to block paying customers to see the actual fireworks/parades/castle/etc., by pulling out gigantic camera equipment, a tripod,etc.
2. If you have an obnoxious member of your group who has to open their mouth about the characters being "in costume" or otherwise allude to them not being real, you will be muzzled and shoved into said costume for the rest of the day.
3. If you ruin a ride in any way (flash photography, talking over the preshow, pointing out how "fake" it is,etc.) you are subject to forfeit all your fastpasses to the people on the ride with you, and work the fastpass line for that ride for the rest of the day.

jharvey

Good Morning All. Now this year in July,my Disney vacation was as magic as ever.14 magic days & nights of Mickey huggin fun.But if someone at WDW said to me " what new rule would you bring to the parks?" Thats easy,no texting on mobiles while in charge of a stroller.Here in the UK it's against the law to drive your car whilst on the phone,and am sure Iam right that jay walking is still against the law in the states. ( correct if am wrong ) The amount of times I saw someone coming towards me pushing their stroller whilst texting and me jumping out the way.So that's my new park rule.And to endorse it. Any CM who spots a texting parent pushing a stroller dishes out a on the spot fine of $5.00. OK, OK, I know it's crazy,just a mad idea.But if you could,what new park rule would you endorse? :) P.S. Ready for a backlash here.;(
here we go...... ADA requirements be darned, my rule would be first come, first served for the buses. Of course the fines would probably bankrupt your average company, but this is Disney. I for one would pay an additional fee. Call it the water park & fun & Darn my feet hurt and why should I wait even though I got here first and they waited for that one last funnel cake for the road fee. Who is with me?........

jharvey

Now lets be fair, it is Alabama.... Says the man from Mississippi. I will quote Austin Powers: Goldmember...
" i hate two things in this world. People who are intolerant of other peoples and cultures. And the Dutch". I love that.

But in all seriousness, lets ban Arkansans before it is too late.

polynesiangirl

All the comments about flash photography made me laugh. I hate it and this last trip my HUSBAND did it once! The horror. The resulting photo is hilarious, though, because it's of me yelling at him to not use the flash and I look super ed off.

copcarguyp71

All the comments about flash photography made me laugh. I hate it and this last trip my HUSBAND did it once! The horror. The resulting photo is hilarious, though, because it's of me yelling at him to not use the flash and I look super ed off.

I have heard that taking a flash photo of the wall opposite the cavemen (to your right) in SE will reveal something hidden but I have always been afraid to be "that guy" and just do it.

thomas998

Not so much a guest rule, but I would ban a Photopass CM from making a guest who set up to shoot fireworks 45 minutes in advance move, especially when their were 2 additional photopass photographers within 30 feet of said cast member on the same line of sight, and said CM was nowhere in sight when this individual set up.

This did not happen to me, but rather another gentlemen who was trying to shoot that night, I still let the CM know how much I thought they sucked for doing that to that individual, and stopped at guest relations on my way out.

To make matters worse, this happened during a hard ticket event, the Halloween Party.

Frankly I think photopass CMs need to be informed that they should bow out to ALL visitors outside of the little meet and greet spots. Visitors actually paid to be there so when we find a spot and no one is there we should be allowed to stay there, sure we can move if there is a parade and we happen to have setup shop in the middle of the road, but nothing would annoy me more than setting up for a show and having some photopass CM tell me I need to move so he can take a bad photo that will likely never even be seen by anyone including the visitor he is trying to con into buying his over priced photo.

disneygirl1024

Definitely strollers!!! I got literally ran over by a lady who not only ran me over (left a huge bruise and a bleeding cut on my ankle and calf) but kept on running with her children and husband in tow and just looked back with a sorry looking grin and not saying sorry at all. She was in a hurry to go to Nemo and Friends!!! I was hoping that the same courtesy would have been bestoyed upon her!

DManRightHere

A rule having to do with giving people personal space....and people being rude when you don't move up the line 5 feet and stop again...

Even a cast member was yelling at us to sardine into the line cause they didn't want anyone watching the darth vader and kids play lightsabers.

I don't need an arms lenghth of room (though I'd prefer it)....but if you can touch me with your elbow you are to close!! It's a line, you are not gonna get there any faster by being on top of me.

DManRightHere

All adults under 60 should give up their seat on the bus for children under 10, pregnant or injured individuals, and those over 60.

This should be common etiquette. It also surprises me, I always offer my seat to anyone actually...and 7 out of 10 times they don't want the seat. Even Mothers with children less than 8 years old...it is also a courtesy just to take the seat!!

thomas998

A rule having to do with giving people personal space....and people being rude when you don't move up the line 5 feet and stop again...

Even a cast member was yelling at us to sardine into the line cause they didn't want anyone watching the darth vader and kids play lightsabers.

I don't need an arms lenghth of room (though I'd prefer it)....but if you can touch me with your elbow you are to close!! It's a line, you are not gonna get there any faster by being on top of me.

Sorry but I'm against people that just wait and leave 5 or more feet between them and the next person in the line. If everyone did that than a line wouldn't just be within the confines of the normal roped area it would always extend halfway down main street and out to the parking lot. Yes one person isn't going to cause that to happen but if everyone took that attitude it would.

Reminds me of a woman in front of me at the customer service line at Target. She actually turns around and asks me to back up because she isn't comfortable with people being close to her... Sorry but, if you aren't comfortable with people being close to you in a LINE maybe you shouldn't go to a place that has lines.

DManRightHere

Sorry but I'm against people that just wait and leave 5 or more feet between them and the next person in the line. If everyone did that than a line wouldn't just be within the confines of the normal roped area it would always extend halfway down main street and out to the parking lot. Yes one person isn't going to cause that to happen but if everyone took that attitude it would.

Reminds me of a woman in front of me at the customer service line at Target. She actually turns around and asks me to back up because she isn't comfortable with people being close to her... Sorry but, if you aren't comfortable with people being close to you in a LINE maybe you shouldn't go to a place that has lines.

No, I mean people that haven't given us the 15 seconds to realize the line had moved. I am not saying everyone needs 5 feet of space. I do expect an elbows length of space. If people LITERALLY have their torso and shoulders touching you...or you can feel their breath on your neck...it just makes me extremely uncomfortable and it is rude.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
All people should wear deodorant that works for them.

No Speedo's at the Waterparks.

Anybody saving space in a line should have to go to the end of the line to join the rest of their group.

Leave the attitude at the gate. Everybody present has paid about the same amount of money for entrance...you are not any more special than anybody else.

thomas998

All people should wear deodorant that works for them.

No Speedo's at the Waterparks.

Anybody saving space in a line should have to go to the end of the line to join the rest of their group.

Leave the attitude at the gate. Everybody present has paid about the same amount of money for entrance...you are not any more special than anybody else.

Amen to the people holding space... I don't get in a line and expect or accept someone suddenly motioning a half dozen people to come over an join them. On more than one occasion I've told the people they were going to do it in front of me, and once in a while had to use some rather colorful language to inform them that I'm not Mickey Mouse and will more than gladly take it to the next level.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom