Pongo said:
I don't like the new maps at all.

I mean...

"Tomorrowland Indy Speedway: Drive a racecar."

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Also:

"Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin: Interactive Ride"

Could we get any more ambiguous?
Would you be happier with "Drive continually into guard rails"?

SirNim

[lucasfilm treatment]Walt Disney World Park Maps Episode Three: The Scarcity of Space[/lucasfilm treatment]

I appreciate the compactness afforded by the new design.

I don't appreciate that the maps weren't given a whole new design style, i.e. with new fonts and colors and general refreshment and modernity.

Buford

mousermerf said:
New map.. with silly attraction descriptions..

zmap132fl.jpg
I guess expectant mothers can't ride the Barnstormer, but can ride Space Mountain :lookaroun

animay

Adventureland has the best ones.

Tiki Room: Sing-song Audio Animatronics show
Jungle Cruise: Silly safari boat tour
Pirates of the Caribbean: Scurvy indoor boat ride :lol:

So does pirates actually cause scurvy now or what?

STGRhost

I don't appreciate that the maps weren't given a whole new design style, i.e. with new fonts and colors and general refreshment and modernity.
That's a good point - If the layout/fonts/whatever had been taken into consideration, they could have made room for more helpful, less ridiculous descriptions for the attractions. Seriously: "Ride inside through the dark" ?!?!

polarboi

I hate typos.

"...tour of the Robinson's home." :brick:

Robinson's? Is there only one Robinson?

Hopefully they fix that quickly. :)

-p.b.

bigorangeandy

QUOTE]"...tour of the Robinson's home."

Hopefully they fix that quickly.

-p.b.[/QUOTE]
Mrs Robinson, Dustin Hoffman is waiting

Sledge

Account Suspended
polarboi said:
"...tour of the Robinson's home." :brick:

Hopefully they fix that quickly. :)

-p.b.
They had it right. Their last name is Robinson and it's their home so it would be "the Robinson's home". If their last name were Robinsons then it would be "the Robinsons' home".

polarboi

Sledge said:
They had it right. Their last name is Robinson and it's their home so it would be "the Robinson's home". If their last name were Robinsons then it would be "the Robinsons' home".

No, it's "the Robinsons' home" because it is the home belonging to the Robinsons. There are more than one of them.

If it said "Mr. Robinson's home," that would be correct. But if it says "the Robinsons" then the apostrophe goes after the s: "the Robinsons' home."

Trust me. I'm an English geek.

-p.b.

P.S. On the other hand, if it were to say "The Swiss Family Robinson's home," then the apostrophe before the s would be correct. Why? Because we call them "The Swiss Family Robinson" without the s. But if we're going to refer to them as "The Robinsons" then the apostrophe needs to be after the s.

Sledge

Account Suspended
polarboi said:
No, it's "the Robinsons' home" because it is the home belonging to the Robinsons. There are more than one of them.

If it said "Mr. Robinson's home," that would be correct. But if it says "the Robinsons" then the apostrophe goes after the s: "the Robinsons' home."

Trust me. I'm an English geek.

-p.b.

P.S. On the other hand, if it were to say "The Swiss Family Robinson's home," then the apostrophe before the s would be correct. Why? Because we call them "The Swiss Family Robinson" without the s. But if we're going to refer to them as "The Robinsons" then the apostrophe needs to be after the s.
Interesting. Learn something everyday. :wave:

jmvd20

Buford said:
I guess expectant mothers can't ride the Barnstormer, but can ride Space Mountain :lookaroun

Good point, you would think that if they put it on one of them they would have put it on them all.

dxwwf3

wannab@dis said:
Yep! Those weren't "park maps" more like "park books" :lol:

Actually they were called Guidebooks, if memory serves me right :)

I really liked those a lot, but I also like having a larger map as well.

Really I wish they could have these new smaller maps AND have the old guidebooks so you could have the best of both worlds, but I understand why they do not.

tirian

Disney still makes a version of the Guidebook, but generally only Disney hotel Guests get it. It's basically a tri-fold, stapled bookelet that covers the entire resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom