News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

DisneyWorld30th

Correct. Which means everyone on the monorail is screened. Just like the folks who got on the monorail at one of the resorts and/or Transportation and Ticket Center.

DreamfinderGuy

If the monorail entrance is outside the security perimeter then guests could board the monorail without being screened. That can’t happen.
It happened for 47 years and nobody cared. That being said, it isn’t that hard to put in a planter between the exit ramp and path from the bus to that bag check. Direct people who want to get onto the monorail through the park exit and to a new checkpoint over there, while parking lot guests head left for the preexisting checkpoints.

Rider

The exit side of the station is smaller so they would also need to expand it and move all the gates. The ADA elevator would also need to be moved. Seems easier just to build a new exit. Which is what they are doing.

peter11435

It happened for 47 years and nobody cared. That being said, it isn’t that hard to put in a planter between the exit ramp and path from the bus to that bag check. Direct people who want to get onto the monorail through the park exit and to a new checkpoint over there, while parking lot guests head left for the preexisting checkpoints.
It’s not 1971 anymore and they do care now.

It not even the concern that unscreened can board the monorail itself that makes this plan flawed. If you allow unscreened to board at Epcot then they could get off at TTC within in the security perimeter and then have access to MK unscreened. Or they could just stay on the Epcot monorail and ride it back around and gain entrance to Epcot without ever going through security.

Last edited:

Timothy_Q

There was also no security to board a plane before. Things change

Your point?

DreamfinderGuy

There was also no security to board a plane before. Things change

Your point?
My point is that bag check became standard at Disney in 2001. Bag check at the TTC just started a year or two ago. I understand the need for increased security, but it’s by no means been happening forever.

peter11435

My point is that bag check became standard at Disney in 2001. Bag check at the TTC just started a year or two ago. I understand the need for increased security, but it’s by no means been happening forever.
Nobody said it’s been happening forever. But swapping the Epcot monorails entrance/exit wouldn’t solve the problem created by the TTC screening. In fact it makes worse problems.

Nland316

If WDW did go ahead and build an Epcot-entrance-hotel, it would have been called Shades of Grey.
I don’t quite recall too many specifics on the proposed hotel as part of the entrance... What was the overall verdict of that idea in this fan community? Is what we’re getting supposed to be the better option of the two?

TJJohn12

Entrance hotel is dead. Thank god. At least the experience of the park will start on a high.

In park hotel is also dead.

I guess I hadn’t caught that there were two proposals for hotels - gate and in-park. Miracosta-style in-park? Or something even deeper into the fabric of EPCOT?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom