News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How long will it take to move the leave a legacy photos to the new area? I know the work will start soon and doubt it will be done by my early April trip but hoping it's done in time for my anniversary trip in September. The photo was taken on out honeymoon and we see it a few times on all our trips. Of course we will now have to find our location again.

Taking them down should go pretty quick, the question is how long will they wait to prepare the new area for them.

Monorail Lime

Speaking of East... I wonder what's up with the former Computer Central these days? It still housed critical server infrastructure as of a few years ago.

The trifecta of Guest Relations, Computer Central, and Electric Umbrella Chicken Nuggets gives me faith and hope that quarter of Communicore is too vital to ever be demolished. :joyfull:

AJDMB05

I can see the trip reports now - "Day 1 - Epcot - I spent the day in the FW bathroom reminiscing..." :hilarious:
The post below yours beat me to it but I absolutely make it a point, every trip, to stop by the Imagination bathrooms playing the 1982 loop. For a park that is supposed to celebrate progress, I wish they devoted more space and energy (no puns intended) to highlighting the original attractions that made Epcot what it was in the first place, and not just on 5 year anniversaries. There's ways of elegantly doing it without living in the past. Hell, the Innoventions loop that plays in the park today still contains bits and pieces of New Horizons (the title of the main song that played in the queue for Horizons) and that ride hasn't existed for over 20 years now.

Last edited:

Amused to Death

I miss it as an Ice Cream stand myself. It had it's own unique contemporary based loop..They stopped playing it after Starbucks went in.

As with many YouTube/Spotify/iTunes playlists, the one you're linking to is extremely inaccurate. Whenever these content creators can't find a track to link to for playback/monetization, they just pretend it doesn't exist. For those interested, a complete playlist (twice as long as the YouTube video) can be found at Magic Music.

No, the loop doesn't consist of a lot of Yanni (as mentioned in the YouTube comments). Yes, the same loop played for a ridiculous 23 long years! And you thought Disney only takes a long time to build kiddie coasters! ;)

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

As with many YouTube/Spotify/iTunes playlists, the one you're linking to is extremely inaccurate. Whenever these content creators can't find a track to link to for playback/monetization, they just pretend it doesn't exist. For those interested, a complete playlist (twice as long as the YouTube video) can be found at Magic Music.
No, the loop doesn't consist of a lot of Yanni (as mentioned in the YouTube comments). Yes, the same loop played for a ridiculous 23 long years! And you thought Disney only takes a long time to build kiddie coasters! ;)
Yeah it's funny because I was the one who asked about this loop on that forum when it was still around...

cindy_k

When they originally put up the Leave a Legacy plaques,there was an information booth where you could look up where your plaque is. Are they going to do that for the new location?

Creathir

When they originally put up the Leave a Legacy plaques,there was an information booth where you could look up where your plaque is. Are they going to do that for the new location?
You still can get that info from the Camera Center just below Spaceship Earth.

I would imagine they’ll set something up at the gift shop just outside of the park entrance, or a self serve kiosk at the display itself.

kurtk

This may have been discussed before and if so, sorry I missed it.
Are there plans to redo the area outside the entrance? The ticket booths and roofs there look so ‘80’s it is painful. The number of ticket booths are obviously from a time where almost everyone bought there tickets before entering. (Were there annual passes back then?) They could easily cut the number in half.
This is an area of EPCOT that I have no nostalgia for. Updating this would be a welcome change to the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom