News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

trainplane3

Yes that they would like to do it but what is the actual plan? Change the exit ramp? Push the bag check out? Would think we would hear or see something by now especially with all the construction for the tram.
Well the tram is pushed out right now and the new turn around is further out. You can see it in the construction pictures. I'd imagine it's a DHS situation where they push everything out.

note2001

I love that they've confirmed the re-imagined fountain up front will be the clear lucite look again.
I fear that they'll drag the reveal of the updated fountain out until the end of construction though.
The sooner it's back, the better!

montyz81

I love that they've confirmed the re-imagined fountain up front will be the clear lucite look again.
I fear that they'll drag the reveal of the updated fountain out until the end of construction though.
The sooner it's back, the better!
I am still trying to figure out if the Prisms will be included. That latest concept art looks like it is missing, but in the videos, I can see that it is clearly there. I feel like the latest concept art is the first step to let us know that it won't be there. Guess we will have to wait a few years to find out.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I am still trying to figure out if the Prisms will be included. That latest concept art looks like it is missing, but in the videos, I can see that it is clearly there. I feel like the latest concept art is the first step to let us know that it won't be there. Guess we will have to wait a few years to find out.
They’ve had several designs for a new fountain sculpture.

Expo_Seeker40

Latest concept art from D23, including the nee restaurant/lounge structure being built near what will soon be old innoventions west

Attachments

• 43071E12-29F2-4C53-BAB8-053AEDD94781.png
    43071E12-29F2-4C53-BAB8-053AEDD94781.png
    732.2 KB · Views: 178
  • B387F1F1-49DE-4F2C-A243-530F9F8E92EA.png
    B387F1F1-49DE-4F2C-A243-530F9F8E92EA.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 175
  • 59364AAD-4740-4416-9015-11F9E17615ED.png
    59364AAD-4740-4416-9015-11F9E17615ED.png
    656.8 KB · Views: 159
  • D4320CB0-FF58-48D1-8F85-A77A3C896F49.png
    D4320CB0-FF58-48D1-8F85-A77A3C896F49.png
    637.4 KB · Views: 172

Sir_Cliff

Latest concept art from D23, including the nee restaurant/lounge structure being built near what will soon be old innoventions west
Hmm, I think I like what I'm seeing so far from a design standpoint. Content is another issue, but it all seems to look like a nice update that keeps with the general aesthetic of Epcot, updates it, and "greens" it nicely in accordance with current idealistic visions of a greener future.

We don't have much to go off, but the new festival center from that image looks nice at least. The whole thing does look off balance from above, though I guess we'll see what it looks like from the ground level. I must sheepishly admit, though, that I don't find the Communicore/Innoventions buildings particularly beautiful...

Obobru

All this concept art seems just as vague as everything we have already seen, am I missing some new details or is this just more fluff because they are still not sure what is happening even as they start to demolish buildings.

Timothy_Q

All this concept art seems just as vague as everything we have already seen, am I missing some new details or is this just more fluff because they are still not sure what is happening even as they start to demolish buildings.
Parks presentation is Sunday

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom