News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Missing20K

It depends entirely on what they are digging up. Even just replanting requires irrigation lines to be installed. There may also be other utilities that require work or are to be added to the area. Not to mention any surprises they find in the ground.
Irrigation? I thought Central Florida's high water table took care of keeping all the planters well hydrated. ;)

kthomas105

How long has it been since they added that Starbucks? It seems like such a waste to demo it when it doesn't seem they did the conversion all that long ago.
At the risk of sounding anti-establishment the two companies represented there (disney/starbucks) can afford to demo and rebuild one coffee shop. After all that location has probably already paid for itself 10 times over.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I would think COKE wouldn't want to lose that promotional space. Just like Ice Station Cool -> Club Cool, I'm sure something else like it will exist somewhere.
Who ever said it was leaving, it could be getting its own little building, maybe a futuristic igloo but that’s my wishful thinking.

JohnD

Thanks. I agree it's time for an "Epcot Redevelopment" sub-forum.

Just look at all the topics most from the first two pages of the News and Rumors thread and others where I could find them:

Page 3:

Page 5:

Page 6:

Page 9:

Page 10:

Thank you, @wdwmagic , for creating the Epcot sub-forum.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The chocolate gets to be a bit much, you see hordes of middle age women lining up like it’s Frozen to get that square of chocolate, then beeline out of that place. I didn’t blame them for trying to nix that, and I even assumed it would help their bottom line.

That's pretty judgmental. Frozen is an excellent movie.

Paper straw fan

Sorry. Yeah I guess I usually see a line of ladies at Ghiradelli for the free chocolate. I’m sure if it was free microbrew ales, guys in my general range would be standing there in droves.

I’ve also never seen anyone buy anything in there. Perhaps I just want to escape the madness ASAP

Cmdr_Crimson

Who ever said it was leaving, it could be getting its own little building, maybe a futuristic igloo but that’s my wishful thinking.
Disney Springs......
Coca-Cola-Store_16-01.jpg

seascape

How long will it take to move the leave a legacy photos to the new area? I know the work will start soon and doubt it will be done by my early April trip but hoping it's done in time for my anniversary trip in September. The photo was taken on out honeymoon and we see it a few times on all our trips. Of course we will now have to find our location again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom