News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

brb1006

Unfortunately, from what we can tell, the new Entrance BGM is composed entirely of preexisting material. Which I find to be ridiculous.

There better be a World Celebration loop that actually reflects the park it represents. You know, with themes from the attractions......
Then again, the Wonder Of Life area music used preexisting material.

Prototype82

Are they not using the Epcot experience and Mission Space Logos on the flags or am I missing them?
While it's the same 6 on both sides, I could see totally see half of them get switched out once Guardians, Play, and Water are completed. (Adding: It's also worth noting that they didn't use the original pavilion colors, but the current "Neighborhood" colors - I think its very likely we will see these icons and colors below on each flagpole in the future) In the mean time, symmetry makes sense)
Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 2.04.07 PM.png

Last edited:

Horizons1

While it's the same 6 on both sides, I could see totally see half of them switched get switched out once Guardians, Play, and Water are completed.
View attachment 536989
I’m still not clear on some these logos and which pavilion they represent.

Are you all really that surprised by the new loop being what it is? Disney couldn’t even get the soundtrack to EPCOT forever right. Did anyone really think they’d suddenly do right this time?

Prototype82

Are you all really that surprised by the new loop being what it is? Disney couldn’t even get the soundtrack to EPCOT forever right. Did anyone really think they’d suddenly do right this time?
(From left to right)
  1. World Showcase
  2. The Land
  3. Journey of Water
  4. The Seas with Nemo
  5. Odyssey / Epcot Experience Center
  6. Spaceship Earth
  7. World Celebration Centerpiece
  8. Imagination!
  9. Test Track
  10. Play!
  11. Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
  12. Mission: SPACE

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

As mentioned several times already, DHS gets praise for its new entrance BGM loop.

And several have already said that they like this new BGM for Epcot.

So... your claim that Disney got it wrong, is just your opinion made to sound like it's a fact.

IMDREW

Ive been listening to the new loop for a while now and I actually do like it. Parts of it did really move me like only Epcot ever could. The feeling of a hopeful and bright future. Something the whole world needs right about now.

Makes me wish this was the way they’d go for Harmonious. Disney films songs are so out of tune for this park :(

dreday3

Ive been listening to the new loop for a while now and I actually do like it. Parts of it did really move me like only Epcot ever could. The feeling of a hopeful and bright future. Something the whole world needs right about now.

Makes me wish this was the way they’d go for Harmonious. Disney films songs are so out of tune for this park :(

I agree. It's very hopeful and uplifting. Makes one look forward to the future, almost like a new beginning. I am also moved by parts of it.
I get that it's not original music to Epcot, but it's still a beautiful piece of music, even though it was pieced together. Feels right in tune with the (past/present/future?) spirit of Epcot.

SplashJacket

I've been listening to it over a writing session, and I am definitely a fan. It exudes passion and energy.

So far, the reaction to the music has been surprisingly positive for an Epcot project. Minor complaints about a lack of original composition, but as a whole, positive.

Generally, music improves with familiarity, so the warm reception is a telling sign of success.

Given the current direction of Epcot, the lack of Classic Disney music is a surprise, albeit extremely welcome.

It's hard to know whether it fits Epcot's atmosphere from the comfort of my office, but currently, I reserve no complaints.

Inspired Figment

This is also blaring in world showcase, and I mean blaring!!...I guess they think that somehow distracts people from noticing all the junk in the lagoon...:banghead: Its nice music on its own but its really starting to not feel like a Disney park anymore, it sounds like seaworld.
Oh brother.. ‘blaring’ in the World Showcase? Not good at all... World Showcase needs to stay as authentic as possible. I’m fine with it playing in the entrance however.

Haymarket2008

Then again, the Wonder Of Life area music used preexisting material.

You're absolutely right. Even LARGE amounts of the Innoventions loop used preexisting material. I think having it be just purely a glorified Spotify playlist seems lazy? That being said, and after listening to the full loop, it really is quite good. There are even some parts (namely The Fall by Up, Moxie) that sound like 90's mystery synth that so embodied the Epcot soundscape over the last 25 years. I'm not opposed to a loop like that, but I think its just missing in a park like Epcot.

The original park wide loop of Animal Kingdom is SO dynamic and gorgeous. I hope we get that beyond the entrance and into the neighborhoods.

Horizons1

As mentioned several times already, DHS gets praise for its new entrance BGM loop.

And several have already said that they like this new BGM for Epcot.

So... your claim that Disney got it wrong, is just your opinion made to sound like it's a fact.
When did I say it was fact? Please, highlight that for me. Me stating Disney got the new loop wrong is just that, me stating that.

You like it? Praise be! But don’t come at me saying I’m claiming as fact that Disney got it wrong just to validate your approval of it.

What about those of us who don’t like this new loop? Because we say we don’t care for it suddenly we are swept under the rug because we aren’t doing what you feel we should which is agreeing that this is the best thing ever and don’t sound bland at all? Yea, sorry. That ain’t gonna happen.

But thanks for trying. If you need a big opinion disclaimer for any future posts not a problem. You can find it under the ignore option. 😘

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom