News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

UNCgolf

yep they were on both sides

Epcot_Full_35283.jpg

That's probably the main difference, then. Since they're only putting them on one side of the walls they need twice the total surface area.

Plus, it just looks like more when they're all lined up in a continual solid wall instead of spaced out across a larger area.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Agreed, I'm surprised by how many panels are going up compared to how it appeared before

Leave-a-Legacy_Full_35338.jpg
Didn't they make the images bigger. I guess it depends on how much bigger they made them but they were pretty small. If they just doubled the size that would take up twice the space it used too.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Didn't they make the images bigger. I guess it depends on how much bigger they made them but they were pretty small. If they just doubled the size that would take up twice the space it used too.
They are about 1 inch square now, which is I believe roughly is what they were before.

Goofyernmost

They are about 1 inch square now, which is I believe roughly is what they were before.
If you or anyone of your people is going soon you might have them take a closeup not just for the size but it seems like they were talking about improving the clarity of the image as well. I'm curious to see if any significant changes were made other then location.

Goofyernmost

If this is just a vinyl wrap, I can only imagine what that's gonna look like a few years from now. But, hey, its very instagrammable from a distance! :rolleyes:
I suppose it is possible, but since they are doing this with really no anticipated additional income then as cheap as they are they should be smart enough to use what they did for the originals which sat in the sun and elements for 20 years. They wouldn't want to spend all that time and money to replace them every few years. Just locating the ones that were weather affected would cost a fortune. Not to mention matching the color scheme. No I would think what is there would be there until they change their minds again and tear it all out.

Goofyernmost

Do they really want to draw that much attention to them? If they're contractually advised to keep the photos on display, they might as well make it attractive. The walls are only interesting, though, if you bought a tile or are close to someone who bought a tile during a relatively short period of Epcot's lifespan. Unless they need a sales pitch to sell more, putting a fancy lighting package of them would surely just draw people over to scratch their heads at why they're supposed to be interested in looking at pictures of etchings of the faces of strangers.
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think those contracts might have expired by now. If so they didn't have to do this at all. The sidewalk bricks have gone away, at least for the most part. If there were a few stragglers left with an active contract, they were only required to exhibit them until the contracts ran out. I don't know the situation, but I thought we had gone in depth on this factor a long time ago. Why they decided to keep them might be because of the definition of Legacy. But, I'm sure the contracts stated something specific at the time of purchase. I think it was more of a way to decorate the entrance without it being a guest obligation to negotiate amongst the grave stones looking for something fun to do. Like the colors or not, it does add a brightness and light felling to the park, something that Epcot has been lacking for along time. EPCOT Ctr. became a park that took itself way to seriously.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think those contracts might have expired by now. If so they didn't have to do this at all. The sidewalk bricks have gone away, at least for the most part. If there were a few stragglers left with an active contract, they were only required to exhibit them until the contracts ran out. I don't know the situation, but I thought we had gone in depth on this factor a long time ago. Why they decided to keep them might be because of the definition of Legacy. But, I'm sure the contracts stated something specific at the time of purchase. I think it was more of a way to decorate the entrance without it being a guest obligation to negotiate amongst the grave stones looking for something fun to do. Like the colors or not, it does add a brightness and light felling to the park, something that Epcot has been lacking for along time. EPCOT Ctr. became a park that took itself way to seriously.
Contractually obligated to be displayed until at least 2027.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom