News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Is the music temporary, I ask because they usually produce music in house or exclusively for areas like that. I’ll take it and thanking they they didn’t use any IP music lol.

ThatMouse

As a huge 80's and 90's EPCOT fan who used to sit next to a green speaker and record the different music to take home to listen to, I think the new tracks are right in line with the original EPCOT spirit. It's not movie theme songs! Hooray! We've not fully converted EPCOT to another movies studio park yet. If you remember, Wonders of Life had David Benoit's fusion and Ray Lynch's computer synth music I've come to associate with EPCOT now. I'll probably do the same with these tunes. I haven't listened to them all.

Honestly, I did not like the recent MIDI synth sounding music before this - I'm a much more old school orchestral World of Motion and Feel the Flow guy for the Entrance music.

castlecake2.0

Not to take away from @wdwmagic's amazing coverage, but here's a neat time lapse walk around the ribbon.

Does anyone know, when was this installed? I didn't see any of that process play out. Was it always there but revamped and updated?

I don’t have an exact answer but a few weeks ago I noticed the light ribbon was all lit up for the first time in forever. So it’s possible it was done then and today they flipped the switch.

Virtual Toad

The new entrance lighting-- absolutely stunning! A tech update that seems in totally in sync with the park's history and mission. Adds some kinetic energy as well. Credit where credit is due.

The new music... like others, I love that it's not Guardians and Rat and Let it Go.

It is grand and majestic. Hopefully they will balance it with a complimentary loop containing tracks with charm and a sense of childlike wonder as guests make their way further into the park. The whimsy of the Future World area music was always uplifting and fit the spirit of the place.

Granted that the music isn't original but as some other posters have pointed out, Wonders of Life music (and much of the Tomorrowland '94 area music) was not original either. Many if not most of those tracks are now treasured tracks on the Toad family's Disney playlist. Perhaps some of these new tracks will be as well in time.

As an opening act, the entrance redo so far certainly fits the bill. Hopefully the rest of the journey will live up to the grand expectations they've put forward here.

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
The new entrance lighting-- absolutely stunning! A tech update that seems in totally in sync with the park's history and mission. Adds some kinetic energy as well. Credit where credit is due.
The new music... like others, I love that it's not Guardians and Rat and Let it Go.

It is grand and majestic. Hopefully they will balance it with a complimentary loop containing tracks with charm and a sense of childlike wonder as guests make their way further into the park. The whimsy of the Future World area music was always uplifting and fit the spirit of the place.

Granted that the music isn't original but as some other posters have pointed out, Wonders of Life music (and much of the Tomorrowland '94 area music) was not original either. Many if not most of those tracks are now treasured tracks on the Toad family's Disney playlist. Perhaps some of these new tracks will be as well in time.

As an opening act, the entrance redo so far certainly fits the bill. Hopefully the rest of the journey will live up to the grand expectations they've put forward here.
Absolutely! I hope that whatever comes next cements EPCOT as Disney, but different than any other park.

trainplane3

This really is a great way to update the 80's era entrance. Make what was old, new again. Make what was ignored by most, stick out. But all of this isn't overdone. It's done just to the perfect level.

10/10 entrance team. I would knock a 1/2 point off for not integrating attraction scores but I'll take it. Keep the SSE lighting package tasteful and not overdone.

So with all that said...
What the heck went wrong past the entrance? This just proves you can make the old great again.

Disney Analyst

I don’t have an exact answer but a few weeks ago I noticed the light ribbon was all lit up for the first time in forever. So it’s possible it was done then and today they flipped the switch.

Yeah, it seems like a great upgrade! I was curious if the light ribbon was always there, and they switched it to full LED, or if this a complete install and it was just plaster before.

I need to go do a deep dive.

ETA:

Okay based on this image always there, but an infastructure upgrade. It looks great.

1614819104482.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom