News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Bocabear

So everything should be painted loud, garish hues because in a few years the sun will fade them to look better?..
I don't think that is how it is supposed to work... Sure it is going to look horrific for a few years, but just wait...
and then something about Instagram Filters...
I don;''t buy that as an excuse.

Goofyernmost

They need to swallow the cost and repaint the castle... stat. I'm shocked that someone in charge saw how it was coming out and let it continue to completion. It is hideous.
It is hideous to you, but apparently you don't care for the castle projections because that is possibly why the color is a little more reflective to more easily see the projections. Even if that isn't the reason, I'm searching back in my memory here and it seems like it has been that color early on as has the Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland.

Not that I really care all that much, but it really doesn't seem to fit in with a thread titled New Park Entrance Coming to Epcot. Unless they moved the castle since I was last there.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It is hideous to you, but apparently you don't care for the castle projections because that is possibly why the color is a little more reflective to more easily see the projections. Even if that isn't the reason, I'm searching back in my memory here and it seems like it has been that color early on as has the Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland.

Not that I really care all that much, but it really doesn't seem to fit in with a thread titled New Park Entrance Coming to Epcot. Unless they moved the castle since I was last there.

Sleeping Beauty Castle has always been pink. I mean, it kinda sorta fits. Cinderella Castle is a different story. Either way, you’re right, this is off-topic.

Touchdown

0F6785D7-30F2-40E0-A418-2238FC290597.jpeg
690A05F5-F289-44F1-884A-6E099A366F1E.jpeg
Have to say, this is coming along nicely. I will not miss the tombstones.

KingdomofDreams

I'm pretty sure castle projections are not improved by a particular shade of pink on the castle.

Also, I was merely replying to several other preceding comments from others about the castle. So I assume you are also addressing @Bocabear @TheEmpressLilly @HauntedPirate and @CaptainAmerica about being off topic? I would reply to your comment that Cinderella Castle in Walt Disney World has been painted "that color" before but I don't want to be responsible for taking the thread further off topic.

Goofyernmost

I'm pretty sure castle projections are not improved by a particular shade of pink on the castle.

Also, I was merely replying to several other preceding comments from others about the castle. So I assume you are also addressing @Bocabear @TheEmpressLilly @HauntedPirate and @CaptainAmerica about being off topic? I would reply to your comment that Cinderella Castle in Walt Disney World has been painted "that color" before but I don't want to be responsible for taking the thread further off topic.
Good then we won't.

Captain Neo

Not to Down play the fountain being revealed but, isnt it the same as was origionally in front of Spaceship Earth during the opening year 1982. AS SEEN IN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE FROM THE 1982 BOOK "WALT DISNEY wORLD EPCOT CENTER", by Abrams

Yes thats what makes it exciting. It was a sleek futuristic design in the 80s and an iconic part of the enterance that was destroyed during the Eisner-Pressler budget cut years. I'm thrilled its back.

hpyhnt 1000

Not to be a debbie-downer, but I think it just looks like a construction wall. It's just too tall. Plus, folks are going to have a hard time identifying their pictures if their tile was placed in the top third of the wall, let alone read any text if they went that route.

And it seems they're planning to use that multi-color stripe motif for the foreseeable future since they've incorporated it into this permanent display, which is fine I guess.

It's still better than having the brown tombstones cluttering up the entrance plaza, but I'd be lying if I thought this was a great solution.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom