News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

disneyC97

This. Hopefully they keep it subtle.

Interestingly, they did tone down the lighting on Cinderella Castle a while back. In the aughts it used to cycle through multiple color combos pretty frequently, some more attractive than others. You can see a time lapse of this in the tilt shift video Disney produced in 2009.

(Also, Spectromagic... :()

I hope so too. That yellow on Cinderella Castle also looked like it had been urinated on.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Not getting my hopes up but do to these projects that have already been long underway and Spaceship Earth lighting already moving around and it’s just simple lighting I wonder if it’s for the potential Fountain of Nations replacement.

ppete1975

I'm hoping that the new LED lighting, is perhaps only ONCE "Look" per night.
Or at the very least, a slow change thru a 6 hour loop.

Subtle is better here, with a nod to the original lighting scheme designed way back in 1982.

We will most likely get a disco ball acid trip show however.
Spaceship earth at night might be the most beautiful sight in any disney park. I hope they dont ruin it.

I can still just stare at it for hours. And can you imagine how many pictures have been taken of it, especially pre digital when we didnt take pics of everything.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

More photos from Zach Riddley on Instagram

131939083_188644956263954_4558157951784802789_n.jpg

131887848_139289954449494_6302239818379893099_n.jpg

131573866_186276586513310_5450071336458535561_n.jpg

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

More photos from Zach Riddley on Instagram

View attachment 519537

View attachment 519538

View attachment 519539
Meanwhile at WS Lagoon the other thing he’s building.

5F202B39-B48A-4F44-9DD6-E7E9C28B892E.jpeg

But congratulations to his bold vision of copying what previous imagineers came up with 40 years ago. What an inspiration Zach is. I hope his instagram account gets so many likes. What a genius he is. So creative....

Goofyernmost

Meanwhile at WS Lagoon the other thing he’s building.

View attachment 519595

But congratulations to his bold vision of copying what previous imagineers came up with 40 years ago. What an inspiration Zach is. I hope his instagram account gets so many likes. What a genius he is. So creative....
Seeing as the message is obviously strongly sarcastic, can anyone enlighten the possibly thousands of us that have no idea either what that is or why it is a problem or at least the back story. It's nice to have a good old boys section but it is a public thread. What is it? Whether or not it is an old idea, what is wrong with it and why is it a step or two backward? Especially from those that love, love everything from the past so damn much. Please share the knowledge so we all can get righteously indignant about it.

Clamman73

Curious to hear how much of a fountain noise of all of them combined produce...whether they're far out enough that you hear some background fountain noise or it's gonna overpower some of the country's background music as you walk around.
It's the little things like this that I wonder about. lol

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Seeing as the message is obviously strongly sarcastic, can anyone enlighten the possibly thousands of us that have no idea either what that is or why it is a problem or at least the back story. It's nice to have a good old boys section but it is a public thread. What is it? Whether or not it is an old idea, what is wrong with it and why is it a step or two backward? Especially from those that love, love everything from the past so damn much. Please share the knowledge so we all can get righteously indignant about it.

It’s a highlight of the failures of WDI specifically people in leadership like Zach. Taking a victory lap on Instagram for rebuilding a 40 year old fountain that you didn’t design and wearing a retro EPCOT Center t-shirt don’t make you more in tune with what EPCOT is. Meanwhile at WS lagoon, the site that featured some of the best of Disney Imagineering, they’ve utterly destroyed what was left of the vision of WS to install these massive set pieces for a 20 minute IP fest mashup of HEA and ROL.

But for someone like Zach I guess the Instagram buzz is more important. WDI if you really care about EPCOT and it’s idea and impact, you don’t need to wear a shirt about it and post it on social media, make a product that shows it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It’s a highlight of the failures of WDI specifically people in leadership like Zach. Taking a victory lap on Instagram for rebuilding a 40 year old fountain that you didn’t design and wearing a retro EPCOT Center t-shirt don’t make you more in tune with what EPCOT is. Meanwhile at WS lagoon, the site that featured some of the best of Disney Imagineering, they’ve utterly destroyed what was left of the vision of WS to install these massive set pieces for a 20 minute IP fest mashup of HEA and ROL.

But for someone like Zach I guess the Instagram buzz is more important. WDI if you really care about EPCOT and it’s idea and impact, you don’t need to wear a shirt about it and post it on social media, make a product that shows it.

I thought Zach wearing an EPCOT shirt meant that he GOT IT, and we should thusly worship him as an Imagineering god?

This all highlights that there are fewer and fewer people left in WDI who actually understand what made Disney theme parks work. And those who may still actually “get it” aren’t the ones in charge of anything.

Disney Analyst

I know he’s on social media, so it’s easy.... but it doesn’t sit well with me to see everyone gaining up on an individual who (very likely) has very little power or say, and needs to show public interest and excitement for the projects he is involved in/not involved in.

Unless I’m mistaken and they are the one who had final say on all this... but it feels kind of like a witch hunt in here.

lazyboy97o

I know he’s on social media, so it’s easy.... but it doesn’t sit well with me to see everyone gaining up on an individual who (very likely) has very little power or say, and needs to show public interest and excitement for the projects he is involved in/not involved in.

Unless I’m mistaken and they are the one who had final say on all this... but it feels kind of like a witch hunt in here.
He’s the creative lead. While he doesn’t complete autonomy, he is in charge of the design just the same as Baxter for projects like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Disneyland Paris and Rohde for Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

Disney Analyst

He’s the creative lead. While he doesn’t complete autonomy, he is in charge of the design just the same as Baxter for projects like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Disneyland Paris and Rohde for Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

Words matter. I’d just be careful selecting one person who is a fellow human and publicly decrying them.

You never know who ends up reading it and how it may effect them or their mental health. ❤️

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

He put himself out there as the face of the new Epcot. He even wore the retro tshirt to tell everyone he understood EPCOT. Maybe it’s the self-promotion on social media that rubs some the wrong way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom