News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

trainplane3

Words matter. I’d just be careful selecting one person who is a fellow human and publicly decrying them.

You never know who ends up reading it and how it may effect them or their mental health. ❤️
I don't want to see anyone's mental health take a beating but he knows he's the face of this project. He knows that he'll get to hear about the good and bad. I'm not going to say "well done, everything is perfect!" when it isn't at all. Criticism is something we all deal with.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Words matter. I’d just be careful selecting one person who is a fellow human and publicly decrying them.

You never know who ends up reading it and how it may effect them or their mental health. ❤️
No one should resort to or be subjected to bullying or harassment, but If you put something out to the public for consumption you should be prepared for criticism.

Goofyernmost

I must have missed a post someplace, but it seems to me that you guys are complaining because a imagineer wore a retro t-shirt and managed to reinstall a fountain that everybody was upset was missing for some time. Then took the fact that he wore that t-shirt because he was trying to say that he understood Epcot. Even if that were a cast iron clue that he is trying to send that message, you have decided that he is saying that he understood the OLD Epcot when he might be saying that the place is still named Epcot and it has a history which he acknowledges as significant, however, the Epcot he understands is the NEW Epcot that will combine certain elements of the past and put in new philosophy relevant to the current times. The whole putdown thing seems kind of random. This is a new name to me and you have dismissed him off hand over the slimmest of evidence which is actually just a cornucopia of guesses.

HMF

He’s the creative lead. While he doesn’t complete autonomy, he is in charge of the design just the same as Baxter for projects like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Disneyland Paris and Rohde for Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Is Tom Fitzgerald still involved? I was under the impression he was the creative lead.

RSoxNo1

Is Tom Fitzgerald still involved? I was under the impression he was the creative lead.
I had hear (consider this a rumor) that he wasn't in favor of the direction and stepped back. Having said that, he's still very much involved with Ratatouille.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Theres a difference between criticism of projects and what’s happening in here, IMO.
It’s calling out a high level of hypocrisy from someone who on one hand is self-promoting his love of EPCOT Past while at the same time destroying anything that’s left of it. No one is forcing him onto Instagram to post stuff.

Animaniac93-98

I think it's important to remember that Zach is not our personal friend, neighbour or equal. He's a high ranking Disney official trying to market his corporate product to us "guests" who ultimately have no say on the final design of these projects, despite the money we pay to see them. Any criticisms we make, if they're seen at all, are likely to be ignored. Disney's social media marketing is often superficial and insincere, trying to play off of nostalgia even when newer offerings don't really reflect the design philosophy and value of older Disney.

Suggesting the comments here amount to "bullying" is a bit much.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

PHOTO - EPCOT's new main entrance fountain looks complete but remains behind construction walls​

Epcot_Full_40243.jpg

Tony the Tigger

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom