News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

nickys

Premium Member
There's been a consistent attitude that myself and others have noticed within the fan community of people gushing about whatever Disney does, even if it contradicts their own opinions on other subjects or the parks at large.

Loving everything Disney does is a pretty consistent view point. Pretty safe to assume what the brand advocates and influencers (and those who aspire to be one) think of most topics.

You and others might take your own advice. For example, many Disney fans dismiss discussions of details outright because they deem them unimportant (and then praise Disney when Disney brings attention to them). The thread discussing the new pastry shop at Epcot is a perfect example of this.

I don't subscribe to the theory that "everyone's opinion is valid". It's more often than not used as a way to discourage critical thinking.

This is one specific thing that people are pleased about.

This is a discussion board. Everyone has the right to an opinion and to express it. Sure there are many opinions that I may disagree with and argue against, but I hope I would never dismiss someone’s right to hold it. I truly hope it is just that our respective definitions of “valid” in this context are different.

Movielover

This reminds me of the move spinal tap when they lowered the Stonehenge rocks onto the stage , these things are much smaller than I thought they would be
How big were they in comparison?

Looks to be about the same size.

1597577786668.png

note2001

Wouldn't it make sense for Disney to shift EPCOT's operating hours to the evening and reduce AM hours? I don't see a draw to the park for early morning hours except to be the first in line for an in demand attraction or to be among the first to vlog a pile of dirt that's been moved.

castlecake2.0

Wouldn't it make sense for Disney to shift EPCOT's operating hours to the evening and reduce AM hours? I don't see a draw to the park for early morning hours except to be the first in line for an in demand attraction or to be among the first to vlog a pile of dirt that's been moved.
The concern I’ve heard is that it will be harder to enforce the new safety guidelines in the parks after dark, especially this park.

djkidkaz

I get the nostalgia for these pylons in the new fountain but I personally don’t see them as this beautiful addition. I feel like they are dwarfed by spaceship earth. I would have liked to of seen a fountain similar to the fountain of nations in that spot. A large fountain with music and synchronized water jets. I think it would scale better and make for a much more dramatic entrance to the park.

UNCgolf

I get the nostalgia for these pylons in the new fountain but I personally don’t see them as this beautiful addition. I feel like they are dwarfed by spaceship earth. I would have liked to of seen a fountain similar to the fountain of nations in that spot. A large fountain with music and synchronized water jets. I think it would scale better and make for a much more dramatic entrance to the park.

I don't think there's really room to put something like that in front of Spaceship Earth without creating bottlenecks that hinder the flow of people into the park.

I wish they would put something like that back into the spine, though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Well the fountain isn't on. And SSE is supposed to get sparkly lights, or projections of sparkly lights, that will make the prisms sparkly.

It serves its purpose in blocking the view of the bottom of SSE which is just plain walls and pillars, and worst of all, people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom