News New Parade: Magic Happens

TP2000

I know these are CMs and their reactions most likely have a bit of biased built into them but wow, these first reviews are absolutely astounding. Stay tuned for the media showings tomorrow afternoon at 1pm and 5pm I believe.

I think what those Twitter reviews show us is that we should always take the reviews with a grain of salt if they come from any of the following; young women who work for the Disneyland Entertainment department, young women who have friends and roommates who work for the Disneyland Entertainment department, or young women who have a current career goal of working for the Disneyland Entertainment department.

It also proves that Twitter is... well, Twitter.

This was a new parade at Disneyland. It was nice, it was pleasant, it had some new characters in it. But it's not life changing or dramatically better than any previous parade. I can think of a few better parades off the top of my head; Parade of Dreams and Paint The Night come to mind easily. Plus a few parades I've seen in Tokyo.

Also, the music is kind of... meh. They had to pay Todrick Hall big bucks for that??? Sha Blap, indeed.

Last edited:

brb1006

You obviously haven't seen me Watusi after a second cocktail. High impact!

That can be fixed easily, and I'm sure they'll tweak the music on this parade in the weeks ahead. The music seemed a weak point to me, especially for as much hype that was put behind the whole Todrick Hall connection. It didn't seem catchy or toe-tapping or really say much, it was just sort of... there.

I'm remembering the Parade of Stars back in 2000, which debuted to great PR fanfare with a plodding rendition of Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance, like a boring high school graduation but with a good audio system. It lasted about a month and then was swapped out entirely for regular parade music, and the parade improved greatly for that. They also repainted the floats from the gold colored clouds, because it looked like the characters were sitting on a giant pile of chicken McNuggets.

Parades can be changed and improved after they debut, and I'm sure they will tweak Magic Happens.

45parade_disneycharacters2000cb.jpg
Is nobody going to talk about how cute Simba looked in that parade? He's wearing a crown and looked like an actual royal king/prince.
45parade_goldgirafes2000ww.jpg

Phroobar

The opening to that film still breaks my heart though. (I seriously want to give that poor mouse a hug.)

But not to the level as the intro to *sniff* Oliver & Company

That is a sad scene seeing the cat get abandoned and chased by the dogs. The GMD scene reminds me of Penny & Rufus scene from the Rescuers.

Phroobar

I don't mind the length of the parade, in fact I think I may prefer it. Some of the old parades dragged on forever. This is about the perfect size for me, maybe one more big float or a few more small ones.
I wish there were more characters ON the floats. One character on the Coco float. One character on the Moana float. Why couldn't Maui share the float with Moana? I did like the RC chicken.

brb1006

I think what those Twitter reviews show us is that we should always take the reviews with a grain of salt if they come from any of the following; young women who work for the Disneyland Entertainment department, young women who have friends and roommates who work for the Disneyland Entertainment department, or young women who have a current career goal of working for the Disneyland Entertainment department.

It also proves that Twitter is... well, Twitter.

This was a new parade at Disneyland. It was nice, it was pleasant, it had some new characters in it. But it's not life changing or dramatically better than any previous parade. I can think of a few better parades off the top of my head; Parade of Dreams and Paint The Night come to mind easily. Plus a few parades I've seen in Tokyo.

Also, the music is kind of... meh. They had to pay Todrick Hall big bucks for that??? Sha Blap, indeed.
Happiness Is Here is still Tokyo's best daytime parade.

brb1006

Only in Tokyo.
The only Disney Park (owned by OLC) that actually gave love to films of the current, past, and present (with a mix of Pixar). They know how to balance old and new and still making it fell fresh at the same time. One parade featured an entire section for the Silly Symphony cartoons.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Having now watched it, Music is a LOT BETTER that I thought and saw on DPB. I'll agree that FOF's music might beat this. It's a good parade for DL! Can't wait to see how it looks at 6:00 before DST! As a Reminder, 5PM tonight, Regular showings at 3:30 & 6:00 staring tomorrow!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom