News New Parade: Magic Happens

TP2000

Best units by far were Tiana's showboat / Princess & the Frog float ( best music, too! ) and the London rooftops / Mary Poppins float.

I agree! That Tiana float was my favorite, because it reminded me of one of the most fun entertainment things Disneyland has done in recent memory; Tiana's Showboat Jubilee on the Mark Twain. I loved that show!

Soundsational was a very good parade, perfect for Disneyland. It's time has come, but it served us all well.

jrhwdw

Soundsational brought the energy Today!!!!!!!!! How hot was it at DL? Usually the dancers walk most of Soundsational's refrain in summer but they didn't walk today! IDK if it's just cooler today or if they just skipped the walking because of the last day.

The Birthday Cavalcade was OK, hope we get different music for the band calvacade.

No mention of Soundsational's replacement or DL's 65th next year at DL or online. Wished we got an announcement so we don't have to wonder what's going on till D23 but, Sigh.

TP2000

Soundsational brought the energy Today!!!!!!!!! How hot was it at DL? Usually the dancers walk most of Soundsational's refrain in summer but they didn't walk today! IDK if it's just cooler today or if they just skipped the walking because of the last day.

The Birthday Cavalcade was OK, hope we get different music for the band calvacade.

No mention of Soundsational's replacement or DL's 65th next year at DL or online. Wished we got an announcement so we don't have to wonder what's going on till D23 but, Sigh.

It was much cooler today, the weekend heatwave is over. It was 78 degrees about the time the Soundsational parade performed this afternoon. At 7:00 pm tonight it's now 72 and dropping in Anaheim, with a low of 62 tonight.

Last edited:

TsWade2

Well, now that Soundsational just ended sadly, I hope Disneyland will hurry up and announce the new Magic Happens Parade soon, or I'll go coconuts!🤪

TP2000

I’ve learned I’m not a parade person, so I could care less what they do with the parades. I don’t HATE them, but it’s not worth fighting the APers for a spot.

That's EXACTLY how I feel. When Disneyland/DCA gets a new parade every five to seven years, I'll watch it once in the first few months and say "Well, that was nice".

Then over the next five years every once in awhile I'll walk along the parade route on my way to someplace better, and I'll watch over the tops of people's heads for a few moments. But then I just keep walking.

Parades are nice, some are better than others. But a theme park is really about the rides.

VJ

Kevin & Jody, the artists who designed the 'Soundsational' floats are at Disneyland today to see the final performance.
:)

This was a great parade...i would always stop and catch a showing when I was in the Park.
Always liked the music, too.
Best units by far were Tiana's showboat / Princess & the Frog float ( best music, too! ) and the London rooftops / Mary Poppins float.

Sorry to see this go, but it has had a long run ( in DLR terms ) and I am interested to see what is next.
Hoping for something just as entertaining.

-
I've always loved the opening drumline and the Mickey float. Really energetic and upbeat way to kick off the parade (and seeing Mickey play drums is the best thing ever).

Phroobar

That's EXACTLY how I feel. When Disneyland/DCA gets a new parade every five to seven years, I'll watch it once in the first few months and say "Well, that was nice".

Then over the next five years every once in awhile I'll walk along the parade route on my way to someplace better, and I'll watch over the tops of people's heads for a few moments. But then I just keep walking.

Parades are nice, some are better than others. But a theme park is really about the rides.
That is the same with me. I will watch the parade once or twice. I will never plan my day to stake out a spot to see it. I typically try to avoid parade routes while they are running. I remember the days when Disneyland had a new parade with each new movie. It's funny/sad how the Lion King parade/show can still be seen daily at DAK.

Snow Queen

Parades don't really do much for me either usually. I'll stop if there's a specific float I find nice, but the only parade they've had in the last while I'd do more than once is Paint the Night. I'm just a big fan of nice lights though, and it's fun to take pictures of.

TsWade2

MC and AL Lutz(surprise!!!!!!) Still thinks we'll hear about Magic Happens at D23.
As much as that I don't like him for being a liar, but I'm sorry he has to put through with Parkinson's Disease. That's sucks. But since he says it will be announce at D23Expo on August 25th, I hope he's right. Also, IMO, Disney magic is not tiring. Disney magic will always have magic. Don't judge.

jrhwdw

As much as that I don't like him for being a liar, but I'm sorry he has to put through with Parkinson's Disease. That's sucks. But since he says it will be announce at D23Expo on August 25th, I hope he's right. Also, IMO, Disney magic is not tiring. Disney magic will always have magic. Don't judge.
I hope we're done wondering next weekend!!!! This has been a WEIRD summer for DL!!

mickeyfan5534

PLEASE let this be the day!!!!!!!!! Also an update on MSEP and PTN would be nice too!
It's basically all but confirmed isn't it? Soundsational had its finale, MSEP is creaking out, Halloween starts next month, Christmas starts soon after. The most logical day for the announcement is today.

jrhwdw

It's basically all but confirmed isn't it? Soundsational had its finale, MSEP is creaking out, Halloween starts next month, Christmas starts soon after. The most logical day for the announcement is today.
Thought that was Brazil in Epcot? :)

Now TC says new parade for DCA 2021. However didn't confirm DL's Parade this morning.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom