New Orleans Square is getting Flattened

TP2000

I don’t know which ones because I wasn’t there when this apparent meeting took place.

Ah, okay. It must have been an incredibly awkward meeting. Where do you even start with that?

And why even start to involve any tribal leaders? Just remove the Indians on the cliff and their "Ugh!" audio track that gets triggered with each passing ship and replace it with some fiber optic stars or plastic trees or something.

It's really an unsalvageable, and yet tiny, part of the ride. I can't imagine trying to salvage it somehow.

Dear Prudence

Back to New Orleans...

What's the latest on this project? Any recent photos or videos?
I am trying to think why they did this--was it for accessibility? Because as it stood, that area was plenty accessible, with the exception being those little steps, but you could navigate around those, and there were ways to get around them.

Disney Analyst

I am trying to think why they did this--was it for accessibility? Because as it stood, that area was plenty accessible, with the exception being those little steps, but you could navigate around those, and there were ways to get around them.

It was due to the area being a crowd flow nightmare / bottleneck. Especially when POTC overflow queue was involved.

It's been something they have wanted to / needed to fix for years.

CaptinEO

Native people have literally been talking about this for years..it's that no one cares. It's not popular to hashtag because they can't virtue signal about something they enjoy.
Very true. Seems modern corporate America only highlights inclusion to a select few races and ignores the rest of the cultures.

Disney Analyst

are the stairs still there or are they gone? The video posted wasn't clear.

The section that opened had the stairs removed, it's all being flattened out.

Here's some screenshots from a FreshBaked video showing before/after:

Before:

1651097359868.png

After:

1651097443528.png

Before:

1651097510439.png

After:

1651097591010.png

mickEblu

Original Poster
Honest question. Are the native stereotypes from Peter Pan worse than the Italian stereotype of Tony in Lady and the Tramp? Does some of our troubled history in this country against certain races make them off limits to being stereotyped? I don’t feel like that helps anyone nor does it erase the past.

180º

Honest question. Are the native stereotypes from Peter Pan worse than the Italian stereotype of Tony in Lady and the Tramp? Does some of our troubled history in this country against certain races make them off limits to being stereotyped? I don’t feel like that helps anyone nor does it erase the past.
I think stereotypes are especially frowned upon if the culture has been particularly marginalized, including to the point of being nearly erased.

BubbaisSleep

So where is the change in elevation now? If you eliminate steps... something else has to change too...

The look before has far more visual interest.

But steps and levels do not work so well in one of the worlds busiest theme parks.
There was never an elevation change, the area was flat before Fantasmic was installed like it is now. The platforms were an addition to a flat area so they were easy to remove. At least now with the viewing platforms gone, the restaurants behind them should now have an unobstructed view of ROA when finished.

I found this random photo on google that shows how there is a sidewalk behind the platforms which is on ground level. You can only enter the platform from the stairs in the front or the sides.

5454.jpg

Disney Analyst

There was never an elevation change, the area was flat before Fantasmic was installed like it is now. The platforms were an addition to a flat area so they were easy to remove. At least now with the viewing platforms gone, the restaurants behind them should now have an unobstructed view of ROA when finished.

I found this random photo on google that shows how there is a sidewalk behind the platforms which is on ground level. You can only enter the platform from the stairs in the front or the sides.

View attachment 635800

Right so I assume it's just those back sections being flattened, and then the middle level / lower level stay separated? Looking at street view, that's when you get into crazy slope territory / Fantasmic bunkers for light towers.

1651102764486.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom