Rumor New Orleans Mini-Land and "Reimagined" Country Bear Jamboree

BlakeW39

They can build a New Orleans Square on the other side of Splash going from the train station and north. There's room there to do something like a restaurant (e.g. Tiana's place) and a shop. Depending on how they arrange "Beyond Thunder Mountain" - if that gets done too - they can even continue some NOLA theming over a bridge into that area north of the RoA.

If they cared all that much, then it would have been easier to just put a different IP in Frontierland. One that isn't problematic but also fits the theme of the western frontier. Or, gasp, create something original for once 😱

doctornick

Where is that area? Can you show me a map/satellite view of it?

I'm not really great with maps, but something like this:

1682389582590.png

Red area = New Orleans square
Green = bridge over the canal
Blue area (and above) = "Beyond Thunder Mountain" stuff (Coco, Encanto, Villains)

You can see the train station labelled. The building right below the red area is the bathrooms behind Splash.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
I'm not really great with maps, but something like this:

View attachment 712343

Red area = New Orleans square
Green = bridge over the canal
Blue area (and above) = "Beyond Thunder Mountain" stuff (Coco, Encanto, Villains)

You can see the train station labelled. The building right below the red area is the bathrooms behind Splash.
Interesting. It would be easier though if a pedestrian walkway was added to the railroad bridge next to Big Thunder Mountain.

However, I still like my idea of a Wild West/New Orleans fusion retheme of Frontierland, titled Cajun Gulch. Much easier and cheaper than building an actual New Orleans Square in MK. The issue with putting an NOS in the red area you highlighted is that there would still be the problem of Big Thunder Mountain's theming in the way. Also, said area looks cramped for an NOS.

doctornick

Interesting. It would be easier though if a pedestrian walkway was added to the railroad bridge next to Big Thunder Mountain.

The "railroad bridge" next to BTMRR is elevated and on a berm. It's not really practical to have any walkway next to/attached to that. However they arrange the path to "Beyond Thunder Mountain", it will be at ground level.

However, I still like my idea of a Wild West/New Orleans fusion retheme of Frontierland, titled Cajun Gulch. Much easier and cheaper than building an actual New Orleans Square in MK. The issue with putting an NOS in the red area you highlighted is that there would still be the problem of Big Thunder Mountain's theming in the way. Also, said area looks cramped for an NOS.

New Orleans square should be cramped. It works best as tightly bound walkways like a city street with nooks and crannies. I don't know if the area I highlighted has enough space to do too much but I think they could do an alleyway with a fountain and a smaller shop with a Tiana's Place restaurant. And of course facades.

BTMRR would certainly be visible but it would be on the other side of the RR berm so it wouldn't be "right there". There would be a natural barrier between this area and that ride. Using this space would also provide a logical use for the RR station so you would go one way for Frontierland and the other way for New Orleans Square.

Bocabear

Splash Mountain with it's Georgia red clay hills and gullies was certainly not "Western"...and for over 30 years no one really cared. I love the idea of a "New Frontierland" off behind BTMRR with a couple restaurants, shops and a few new attractions. The riverside area with it's double walkways and kiosks now seems too crowded to feel like the Frontier... Let it evolve into a 19th-early 20th century New Orleans... Add some magic and mystery to it... Make it detailed and engaging like a Harry Potter land...

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Splash Mountain with it's Georgia red clay hills and gullies was certainly not "Western"...and for over 30 years no one really cared. I love the idea of a "New Frontierland" off behind BTMRR with a couple restaurants, shops and a few new attractions. The riverside area with it's double walkways and kiosks now seems too crowded to feel like the Frontier... Let it evolve into a 19th-early 20th century New Orleans... Add some magic and mystery to it... Make it detailed and engaging like a Harry Potter land...
But Georgia was the frontier and the West as well. From 1782 until 1802 it spanned from the Atlantic to the Mississippi River.

BBarker34

Now hang on. Never said they weren't touching it. Inclusivity folks might go after it, but the attraction is staying. It just might get changed. Hopefully not. My source said it's still up in the air and nothing has been decided on that front. But the beyond Big Thunder stuff is most likely happening.
At least update the animatronics and bring back the Christmas Special and/or Vacation Hoedown. I would also be down for a fourth Country Bear Jamboree show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom