Rumor New Orleans Mini-Land and "Reimagined" Country Bear Jamboree

Walt Disney1955

Now hang on. Never said they weren't touching it. Inclusivity folks might go after it, but the attraction is staying. It just might get changed. Hopefully not. My source said it's still up in the air and nothing has been decided on that front. But the beyond Big Thunder stuff is most likely happening.

Just so I can be clear, what is it you mean about the "Big Thunder" stuff? What is proposed to change in Frontierland?

I shudder at any changes they would make. Modern Disney is creatively bankrupt and the new minds seem only concerned with what might offend someone.

MagicHappens1971

Just so I can be clear, what is it you mean about the "Big Thunder" stuff? What is proposed to change in Frontierland?

I shudder at any changes they would make. Modern Disney is creatively bankrupt and the new minds seem only concerned with what might offend someone.
"Beyond Big Thunder", I would presume. Coco/Encanto & Villians. The Blue Sky proposal from D23.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No

There had been a rumor spread by a YouTuber that Frontierland as it exists right now would be rethemed to New Orleans to tie in to Tiana's Splash Mountain. The "Beyond Big Thunder" stuff is the Blue Sky concepts brought up at D23 (Coco, Encanto, Villains Land), being built north of Big Thunder.

My source said that Frontierland being replaced is not a thing. Country Bears may be affected by the relevancy people, but no decision has been made. Also said that the Beyond Big Thunder stuff is happening, though wouldn't say which of the three proposals is actually being worked on actively.

MagicHappens1971

... it wasn't even a rumor. It was SPECULATION.

Amazing how one speculation video can be seen as factual.
It's somewhat of a rumor, see below.
This is hardly news…in fact, it’s part of the reason why a Coco area is being considered with its own Mexican dining.
ToTBellHop has consistently had accurate inside information. Moving from that to my opinion based on years of responding, reading and posting on these forums, the Country Bears are not safe. They will probably be reimagined.

Walt Disney1955

There had been a rumor spread by a YouTuber that Frontierland as it exists right now would be rethemed to New Orleans to tie in to Tiana's Splash Mountain. The "Beyond Big Thunder" stuff is the Blue Sky concepts brought up at D23 (Coco, Encanto, Villains Land), being built north of Big Thunder.

My source said that Frontierland being replaced is not a thing. Country Bears may be affected by the relevancy people, but no decision has been made. Also said that the Beyond Big Thunder stuff is happening, though wouldn't say which of the three proposals is actually being worked on actively.

Well I hope they don't touch the Bears. Some things have to be sacred at Disney. It is Frontierland for crying out loud! What is more Frontierland than CBJ? Not much. I am okay with them adding some things north of Thunder Mountain.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
It's somewhat of a rumor, see below.

ToTBellHop has consistently had accurate inside information. Moving from that to my opinion based on years of responding, reading and posting on these forums, the Country Bears are not safe. They will probably be reimagined.
It's sad, but you're probably right. I feel like it's going to be completely changed by the end of the decade, if not sooner.

I still can't get over why they changed the three bonnet bears' faces from this:
1682540932111.png

(Tokyo animatronic pictured, but it used to look like this in WDW)

to this:
1682540982965.png

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

It's sad, but you're probably right. I feel like it's going to be completely changed by the end of the decade, if not sooner.

I still can't get over why they changed the three bonnet bears' faces from this: View attachment 712696 (Tokyo animatronic pictured, but it used to look like this in WDW)

to this: View attachment 712697
I think the show is somewhat of a classic for those who visit WDW, and can't see the show going away as a whole, but I 100% see it being reimagined in the next 3-7 years. If they can lump it in with the Beyond Big Thunder plans, I would expect it to happen then.

Walt Disney1955

I have the uneasy feeling that if they ever actually did update the Country Bears, they would go all Food Rocks and replace some of the characters with new ones whose entire shtick is that they're some famous country musician as a bear. Y'know, like "Brad Grizzly", or "Keith Ursine" or "Bear-y Underwood" or whatever...

So in other words it would suck. I agree.

Could the current Frontierland be mildly re-themed to the Midwest/Mississippi region and maybe even St. Louis as the gateway to the west? Then having the bayou next and a passage to a new Frontierland may be a little less jarring than going from the Northeast to New Orleans?

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Could the current Frontierland be mildly re-themed to the Midwest/Mississippi region and maybe even St. Louis as the gateway to the west? Then having the bayou next and a passage to a new Frontierland may be a little less jarring than going from the Northeast to New Orleans?
That could work. I would be up for that.

Andrew25

Personally I can't get into the hillbilly aesthetic of CBJ. The show has no appeal for me. But the parks need capacity so I see no reason to replace it. And it obviously has some artistic value if so many people are worried about its potential departure.

If it was an IP or something that drew more people outside of just nostalgic fans, it would help improve capacity by filling out all of those empty seats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom