New Official Rules for 2008 YOMD--new prizes!

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
The rules for the 2008 YOMD are now up online, along with some new prizes!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/index?name=YOMDGiveAwayRules08Page

If you scroll down to the bottom, it gives a description of all of the prizes they are giving away, and what they entail.

Some interesting ones:
Toy Story Mania Event Opening Trip
High School Musical 3 Trip (I love HSM!)
A lot of "special events" trips (MNSSHP, MVMCP, Night of Joy, etc)
And my favorite one:
A Spaceship Earth Tethered Hot Air Balloon Ride (WDW)
and a Happiest Balloon on Earth Tethered Hot Air Balloon Ride (DLR)

I would take anything listed on there!

darthjohnny

Cool new prizes!

I had heard about the HSM 3 premiere before, but these other prizes are a surprise to me.

The Toy Story Mania, "special events", and Hot Air Balloon rides all sound great! :D

cooleo

The new prizes sound great. My DS & I have won a total of three times via mail in. I won a Pin & Lanyard set & my DS won (2) sets of Mickey Ears, but they were both different. They both looked the same, but one was from Disneyland & one was from WDW. How cool is that? :sohappy:

Cynderella

The new prizes sound great. My DS & I have won a total of three times via mail in. I won a Pin & Lanyard set & my DS won (2) sets of Mickey Ears, but they were both different. They both looked the same, but one was from Disneyland & one was from WDW. How cool is that? :sohappy:

Can you please give me the address you guys used? I'd like to try to win some things by mail myself! Thanks! :wave:

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
I don't even recall if I've ever seen the SSE hot air balloon. I know there's "ear force one" (The Mickey Balloon), Castle in the Sky, The Happiest Balloon on Earth (mickey with gold ears), but I can't seem to find any info on a SSE balloon. Is it new, or is it something they've had before and are taking out again?

I've always wanted to see the Ear Force One balloon floating over MK, like they show in the early promotional videos...

Dsnyguy75

spaceshipballoon.jpg

Here's the picture of the balloon. I was a part of the crew who toured this balloon back in 2000.

Harry456

yes, finally have hopeful attempt to get to Disney World this/next year!! i haven't been to Disney World in four years so hopefully i win!!

HSM 3 -> *shakes head in disapproval*

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
spaceshipballoon.jpg

Here's the picture of the balloon. I was a part of the crew who toured this balloon back in 2000.
Thanks! That's awesome that you got to tour with it! Does it have an official name? Do you have any more information on it?

I doubt they'd use that one with the 2000 on it. I wonder if they have a new one...

DisneyPirate85

I saw a newer commercial today, old commercial (video part) but New audio layed over it, was for 2008 YOAMD Prizes, had some of the same ones we are all familiar with including Castle Suit but also Promo'd overnight stays in certain parks in a suit, ANYONE else see this commercial, was on Travel Channel Today around 1:30pm?:confused:

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
I saw a newer commercial today, old commercial (video part) but New audio layed over it, was for 2008 YOAMD Prizes, had some of the same ones we are all familiar with including Castle Suit but also Promo'd overnight stays in certain parks in a suit, ANYONE else see this commercial, was on Travel Channel Today around 1:30pm?:confused:

According to the official rules, it looks like they are building a few more suites. I believe (you'd have to re-read the website I linked) that a new suite is being built above Pirates in Disneyland. I don't have the time now to go back and double check that, maybe someone else can. That would be cool if they built a suite in each park, but nothing beats being able to sleep in the castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom