New O Canada Film Video!

tirian

That's where you are wrong. I lived in Paris for 6 years and believe me the French people are not protrayed correctly. Every native French person I've brought to the film laughs through the entire thing....it's very sad how the people are protrayed.

The music is very nice and the attractions represented are also appealing. The culture and people are very misleading. It's very sad.

Yes, but the film's goal isn't to accurately represent modern Paris. It's to make you want to see it in its "An American in Paris" splendor. :D Of course it doesn't exist, but travel agencies want people to think that it does.

Nobody expects Germany to have Oktoberfest 24/7, and nobody really thinks that the Canadian Mounties direct traffic in Ontario.

Anyway, the French film is not nearly as outdated as the Canadian one was, and it serves its purpose to "sell" France to American tourists.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
For Candian candy bars, can't beat a Coffee Crisp, although I haven't been able to shell out the $2.50 or so that they want for one at Epcot.

Saw the new movie on Friday during "testing" (they need to test a movie?), and had similar thoughts to other that have posted. It's a very good update, and it injects humor (or should I say "humour"?) in an appealing way. Martin Short is still funny, and it figured that he'd be the host, since his other two attractions (Monster Sound Show and Making of Me) have been closed.

Magicot

I have to say, after seeing the new show live today at Epcot, I was blown away. It was the perfect mix of old and new, the music was superb, and Martin Short was laugh-out-loud funny, but not excessively funny. He gave the movie a well-flowing narroration that was both humorous and eye-opening respectively. I don't mind that several new scenes are in 9 separate shots because it makes it funner to look around knowing that you'll never see the same show twice. The "re-ridability" has been greatly enhanced.

This new show reminds me alot of Ellen's Energy Adventure in that it brings you through an educational and magnificent journey while holding your attention through witty humor. After walking out of the theatre, the first thing that came to mind was, "I wanna walk right back around and see it again!" This was one well deserved and well executed refurbishment! :sohappy:

bingie

For Candian candy bars, can't beat a Coffee Crisp, although I haven't been able to shell out the $2.50 or so that they want for one at Epcot.

Saw the new movie on Friday during "testing" (they need to test a movie?), and had similar thoughts to other that have posted. It's a very good update, and it injects humor (or should I say "humour"?) in an appealing way. Martin Short is still funny, and it figured that he'd be the host, since his other two attractions (Monster Sound Show and Making of Me) have been closed.

Yeah, lots of testing required. I watched the movie at least 30 times before the friday we soft-opened, to be sure it was correctly synched...etc.

DisneyDellsDude

Well, the cathedral (very dense) forests were the second last scene in the old film. Thanks to splicing, I can't remember where this is in the new version.

If you look at the very back screen or thereabouts, you will see what appears to be a little girl in a white dress appear from behind a tree, thanks to the camera's forward motion. Obviously NOT a ghost, but it's still quite funny to watch if you know where to look. :lol:

FYI, the camera faces forward in the posted video OF the new video, therefore no sightings here.

I'll be sure to look for that next time.:)

castlecake2.0

Sorry, this is off topic, but I have a question for Bingie. Im applying for the cutural rep program this week for Canada and I was wondering what you think is the best area to work in at the pavillion; attractions, merch, or food and beverage? I want something that will allow me to see different areas of tha pavillio and has lots of guest contact. Thanks for your help!:wave:

and to continue the topic, I think this is a great update! Keeps some of the old while putting new life in it.

Jerm

While O' Canada (original version) might have been my favorite World Showcase attraction, Impressions de France is not far behind at all. They need to keep the audio track for this film EXACTLY the same and maybe just update a few scenes here and there. 90% of the film still holds up and does not really need the complete overhaul that O' Canada received.

I could not agree more. Just take the old camera out and get some new people on bikes and go down to the beach.....and maybe do a fly over of Disneyland Paris:ROFLOL: But they really should just reshoot some of the scenes and keep everything else the same.

J

cooleo

It seems as though the general concensus is this was a good update / refurb. Although, I hope the new audio deosn't stray too far from the previous as this was one of my favorite soundtracks in EPCOT. :)

HinunterZuNich

Quick non-Canada related but posted about in this topic .....when was Reflections of China updated? I am excited to see the update to O' Canada! as I never saw the original :(

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
China... 2003 I think??

O'Canada! 1982 is available at Mousebits and elsewhere on the web with full, flicker free video and a source quality audio mix :wave:

TinkerBell25

The post-ride movie at Norway is being updated...can't wait...I hope the Canada film is as great as everyone is saying it is...I liked the old one so I hope I like this one. Is Bluenose still a part of it?

Tim G

Is Bluenose still a part of it?

It's still there... but very, very short... more a flash...

It's a remix of old and new... 90% old... 10% new... and 100% Martin Short...

They changed it into some child movie... the old version must have been too scary for the kids... :(

So if you're a Martin Short fan you'll probably be alright... if you come to see a totally brand new movie about Canada, don't bother...

It's only a remix... :lookaroun

Mufasa's Pride

Are Martin Short and the Canadian Idol winner talking/ainging on screen, or does the film just use the actor's voices? Does Martin Short introduce the singer as being the winner of Canadian Idol, or does the casual guest have no clue who the singer is.

Jerm

Are Martin Short and the Canadian Idol winner talking/ainging on screen, or does the film just use the actor's voices? Does Martin Short introduce the singer as being the winner of Canadian Idol, or does the casual guest have no clue who the singer is.

Done in true Disney way, no clue who the singer is. They just kick into the song, plus I don't think many will care who she is.

Tim G

Mind my words... It's going the wrong way...
What they did is just as bad as the "succesful" refurb of Alien Encounter...

And slowly but surely, Disney is starting to fade...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom