New O Canada Film Video!

Jerm

Mind my words... It's going the wrong way...
What they did is just as bad as the "succesful" refurb of Alien Encounter...

And slowly but surely, Disney is starting to fade...

WOW I can see you are really excited about this. To really just throw in my 2 cents, if Disney is starting to fade that means that empty attractions have been the Disney way? I agree that AE/SGE and Timekeeper/MILF are 2 of the worst changes EVER!!!! But most of the other changes have been for the better, I think not only in my eyes but in the eyes of the normal park going guests.

goofyfan13

You know what, I decided to do some attractions I've never done yesterday, so I did RoC, and O, Canada. O Canada was alright, not bad, but not great. The comedy appeared to be a little forced at times, but the overall show had some cool moments. I thought RoC was much better, that actually made me want to visit China, whereas O, Canada, not so much. :shrug:

Jorden

Are Martin Short and the Canadian Idol winner talking/ainging on screen, or does the film just use the actor's voices? Does Martin Short introduce the singer as being the winner of Canadian Idol, or does the casual guest have no clue who the singer is.

It's part of the pre-show spiel to identify her, so if you don't hear it it's either A your fault for not paying attention to the spiel or B it's the CMs fault for omiting the fact.

bingie

It's part of the pre-show spiel to identify her, so if you don't hear it it's either A your fault for not paying attention to the spiel or B it's the CMs fault for omiting the fact.

And, at this time our spiel is in "test" mode - so you will hear various versions of it. Depending on the size of the crowd and time available, we can choose how the spiel goes - and if to include her name or not.

dxwwf3

I haven't even seen the updated film yet and I'll already call this the overstatement of the decade :p

It's hard to compare updating a 30 year old film and a dumbing down of a wonderful attraction for children. Disney can't do any worse than what they've done to the MK's Tomorrowland so the way I see it (and in the words of The Timekeeper): There's nowhere to go but UP!

Disneytracker

I liked the new movie. Especially the beginning part where the narrator is describing Canada as big and always snowing. It was really funny. Martin short was funny too. Nice Job.:wave:

dandaman

Anyone know if the "invisible narrator" is the same voice as in Dudley Do-Right? Nice connection there if it is. :lol:

Jerm

Anyone know if the "invisible narrator" is the same voice as in Dudley Do-Right? Nice connection there if it is. :lol:

I know he is one of the normal voice over guys that is out there now, I can't place it. But I am sure we will be hearing more about it soon.

Badger Brent

I guess overall I would give it 3 out of 5 stars rating after viewing it. I thought Martin Short talked a little too much for my liking. I prefer to listen to the music and view the scenery. It is what it is, and I will still go in and watch while I'm at the world. But more music and less Martin talking it would be much better in my opinion. From the downloaded version, it seemed to be rushed and cut together. It didn't flow like the other movies in the world showcase. At least an effort was made and some new great scenes are viewed.

askmike1

Mind my words... It's going the wrong way...

And slowly but surely, Disney is starting to fade...

Oh for goodness sake Corrus, we get it. You don't like it. Now get over it because there are obviously much more of us who do like it. Sorry to be rude, but you're trying to convince a majority that their opinions are wrong, and that in itself is wrong.

Jorden

And, at this time our spiel is in "test" mode - so you will hear various versions of it. Depending on the size of the crowd and time available, we can choose how the spiel goes - and if to include her name or not.

Ah my mistake. I was informed that line was a "required part of the spiel" while other parts were not by one of your co-workers.

XSTech

Original Poster
I know he is one of the normal voice over guys that is out there now, I can't place it. But I am sure we will be hearing more about it soon.

The invisible narrator is none other than Corey Burton, whom you may know better as the Ghost Host in Haunted Mansion Holiday, amongst MANY other voices.

Jerm

The invisible narrator is none other than Corey Burton, whom you may know better as the Ghost Host in Haunted Mansion Holiday, amongst MANY other voices.

I really should have known this!!! I heard it this morning while listening to your show and in classic Homer fashion "D'OH". I remember at some point Patrick on WttM said some thing about him doing the "voice" for Duddley Do-Right which would lead to the tie in someone thought about.

Tim G

I haven't even seen the updated film yet and I'll already call this the overstatement of the decade :p

It's hard to compare updating a 30 year old film and a dumbing down of a wonderful attraction for children. Disney can't do any worse than what they've done to the MK's Tomorrowland so the way I see it (and in the words of The Timekeeper): There's nowhere to go but UP!

Well this new movie could be nice..... for children... :lookaroun

Here's the updated movie... :)

http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/video.php

:D

Tim G

Oh for goodness sake Corrus, we get it. You don't like it. Now get over it because there are obviously much more of us who do like it. Sorry to be rude, but you're trying to convince a majority that their opinions are wrong, and that in itself is wrong.

Oh... you're not being rude... :kiss:

And some people in this tread like it... but that's only a drop of the total guests visiting... :)

BTW... I'm not trying to convince anyone... if I gave all of you the impresion, I'm sorry... :cry:

The first post I simply gave my opinion... the second, I just answered a question...:D

Each of us has a right to his/her own opinion... :D

Testtrack321

I didn't even see the movie and imagined Corey's voice in my head when i read the miceage.com article...

That's where you are wrong. I lived in Paris for 6 years and believe me the French people are not protrayed correctly. Every native French person I've brought to the film laughs through the entire thing....it's very sad how the people are protrayed.

The music is very nice and the attractions represented are also appealing. The culture and people are very misleading. It's very sad.

Not only does this not make sense, it's just a ridiculous statement. There are hardly any people in the movie. You've got a marketplace scene, a wedding, Bastille Day festivities - all of which are shot in a very subtle way. What exactly is "incorrect" about the portrayal of these scenes?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom