New O Canada Film Video!

XSTech

Original Poster
I attended the first official screening of the new O Canada film at Epcot today and have uploaded a video for you to enjoy.

It includes walking up to the attraction, the two CM spiels (including one calling it the first official screening) and the full new O Canada film.

You can download a 640x360 iPod-ready video here:
http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/video.php

There are also links to a YouTube version on that page as well.

Enjoy!

Jerm

I will miss the old one, but this one is great! I don't like this version of the song as much, but atleast it is still there! Thanks Ricky

Mecha Figment

I liked it when i saw it today. But i did notice they cheated a bit when they filmed it. all the new stuff was filmed not using a circlevision camera and instead different images were either repeated on the screens or several images were on different screens.

Jerm

I liked it when i saw it today. But i did notice they cheated a bit when they filmed it. all the new stuff was filmed not using a circlevision camera and instead different images were either repeated on the screens or several images were on different screens.

No they used the circlevision camera a few times for new stuff. Of course I have not seen it in person, but I know the run down from WDI said they filmed some in Circlevision.
"The skylines of the major cities have changed a lot since the film debuted 20 years ago so that was first on our list of things to do," says director of development and production for Theme Park Productions, David Katzman. "We shot new aerial Circlevision shots in five cities. Then the Canadian Tourism Commission provided a lot of new single-panel footage from various locations across Canada. So, we've replaced approximately 50 percent of the film with new footage."

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The reused scenes i noticed were the people walking in the forrest, the kids hockey game, the flyover of the city with the "le cellier" building, the river with the cool building on it, the frozen river, and that one city by the water at night.

Cmdr_Crimson

The reused scenes i noticed were the people walking in the forrest, the kids hockey game, the flyover of the city with the "le cellier" building, the river with the cool building on it, the frozen river, and that one city by the water at night.

It's a good way to save money for Disney. Just like how much they have Reused from Symbiosis for the Circle of Life Film...Can't wait to see next year!

castlecake2.0

That is the cathedral forests in British Columbia

L'Hotel du Canada is modeled after various Candian Pacific Hotels, but mostly after the Chateau Laurier located in Ottawa. It is also similar to the Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City.

The river with the cool building on it... are you referring to the Parliament Buildings? I'll have to watch the video again...

The frozen river is the Rideau Canal. It was constructed by the British Government to help transport military suplies from Kingston to Ottawa. In the winter it becomes the worls longest skating rink.

That city at night is Victoria, British Columbia

:wave: Just in case anyone wanted to know, plus I was bored, so it gave me something to do.

dandaman

I think I saw the hotel I stayed at last December in Ottawa during the Rideau scene. AWESOME. :lol:

(Since they kept the footage of the cathedral forests, does that mean the "ghost" is still there?)

askmike1

Well, Disney is now officially 4 for 4 with WS improvements in my book (Reflections of China, Gran Fiesta Tour, American Adventure, O Canada). All that remains is an updated Impressions of France and the post-Maelstrom film.

epcotcenter2001

Although I love the old version I have to say Disney did a great job on updating this attraction.

The consideration for the love of the old with the infused newness is exactly what Disney needs to keep doing.

Epcot is really making a turn around and Disney should be very proud of where the park is going. Let's get France, Figment, and Universe of Energy corrected and the park will be the best park ever.

Thank you Epcot leadership for showing some TLC to Epcot.

Happy 25th!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I'd have to argue that nothing is wrong with France and Energy can last another year at least.. but Imagination? I'm to the point where they could tear it down.

epcotcenter2001

France is so out dated it's insulting to the French people! Ask anyone from France about that movie and they'll tell you how awful it potrays them.

Energy is also awful when thinking about the story line and technology being used. It's had it's better days and Disney and Epcot can do so much better.

HISTA is also outdated and not up to other 3D shows on property or at Universal. It's just sad because newer generations don't even know the characters or storyline from these movies anymore. Once again, Disney could do much better. It's sad when the preshow is better than the attraction.

Figment...what to say? This is the biggest disappointment in the entire park. It's just plain awful and both Kodak and the Disney Company should be ashamed it's even represented in their park! Just horrible.

Epcot leadership, Please fix these things. It's awful that these attractions have had little to know updates in a positive way. It's really sad this list is so long.

Jorden

I dunno maybe it's me but I don't recall the kids playing hockey as being reused footage (the old shot had the cameras closer to the ice rather than off to the side if I'm remembering correctly). I'll have to take another look at the equipment and spectators when I go for my 3rd viewing of this one I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom