New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Magic Feather

Announcement said approx 15. They're slowly moving each of the vessels back to its show start position.

Update: just announced they will restart in just a few minutes.
For those there, so I have a feeling for what went wrong this time, and possibly elaborate, which barges crashed and when?

JAMMYD778

From what I could see, none of the barges crashed. However, two of the small lotus floats stopped responding correctly (fountains + positioning) which I presume triggered the stop. Also the laser was non-functional. The reset and second performance looked to have no hitches at all! Congrats to the CM's and whole RoL team! No show is ever going to run smoothly every single time. I still love it! :D

Last edited:

AndrewsJ

I will say that no video I have seen so far (even WDWMagic's amazing one) does this show justice. You have to experience it in person. If you still don't like it, fine. But, the videos cannot capture the audio quality, all of the lighting effects, or just the full sensory depth of it. Plus, like the park itself, you have to discover all the little intricacies of the show. I'm thinking you could watch it several times and still catch new items (kind of like a Cirque show).

Personally, I loved it.
There are going to be those here that hate it no matter what. There are those that will never be pleased. I am just thankful that a lot of the "experts" here don't actually run the parks or they'd have gone into bankruptcy long ago. The show is stunningly incredible but it will be trashed by a lot of members here who will never even see it and quit going to the parks years ago.

jrhwdw

From what I could see, none of the barges crashed. However, two of the small lotus floats stopped responding correctly which I presume triggered the stop. No show is ever going to run smoothly every single time. I still love it! :D
Since ROL is kind of open, not really until Friday, I'd imagine this won't be bad weather friendly?

ToTBellHop

There are going to be those here that hate it no matter what. There are those that will never be pleased. I am just thankful that a lot of the "experts" here don't actually run the parks or they'd have gone into bankruptcy long ago. The show is stunningly incredible but it will be trashed by a lot of members here who will never even see it and quit going to the parks years ago.
And some here praise the beauty, vision, and story yet feel it ought to and could be better. I will say, though, that critique is not for lack of trying on Disney's part. They worked their butts off to get this show working and it is gorgeous. I look forward to further updates which should improve the overall experience, but it's a real treat to finally have this show. And no IPs is no small miracle in 2017 Disney.

AndrewsJ

Well. Seems like some nice tech that could be brought over to Reflections Of Earth to plus up that show...
But for what this is, I'm sorry it kinda falls short of the mark here.

If you didn't "Know" the story before hand (IE, die hard fan reading this site) your going to be kinda wondering
what half the show is about.

Like I said, cool tech, just not all that great put together.

Bring it and the drones over to Epcot, give us a real nighttime show!
Have you seen the show in person?

Notes from Neverland

I fear that regardless of all of the hard work and impressive technological achievements this show has, it won't be a success. It seems like the margins of error will remain too high and that even when everything does go according to plan, there isn't enough to really "wow" the visitor.

I've only seen videos and I'm extremely impressed by it, but it's mostly because I know how difficult it is to create what they have created and that same appreciation may not be shared by a guest who just wants to see some fireworks and doesn't know just how much work went into this.

ToTBellHop

I fear that regardless of all of the hard work and impressive technological achievements this show has, it won't be a success. It seems like the margins of error will remain too high and that even when everything does go according to plan, there isn't enough to really "wow" the visitor.

I've only seen videos and I'm extremely impressed by it, but it's mostly because I know how difficult it is to create what they have created and that same appreciation may not be shared by a guest who just wants to see some fireworks and doesn't know just how much work went into this.
Its reliability will improve. Always does. And let's be fair. They put the show on tonight. It's not 3 shows in one evening yet, but it is showings on consecutive nights.

jrhwdw

How bad are we talking? Ideally, it should be as reliable as Fantasmic! No show with live performers can run as often as Wishes. This show will need to be able to handle 10 mph wind, though.
I'm guessing ROL won't be able to handle a shower. Unless the live boats don't go out, just the narration plays. Hey, did AK think of a Rain version of ROL?

ToTBellHop

I'm guessing ROL won't be able to handle a shower. Unless the live boats don't go out, just the narration plays. Hey, did AK think of a Rain version of ROL?
How heavy of a shower? Sprinkles should be alright. No worse than the performers saw last night. Thunder, heavy rain, or gale force wind? Absolutely not. They do have contingencies for some moisture, though. Otherwise that 9:15 showing would get canceled a lot in the summer!

ToTBellHop

Oh, I knew Thunder / Lighting would be out, I don't think the theater would be full either. I was wondering below that.
Frequently in August, around firework time, there is mist or light showers where you might need a poncho but might not and it's really your prerogative. Know that kind of rain? RoL can handle that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom