New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

prfctlyximprct

7DF5CA29-F3FF-4DC1-A52E-5B0884C98368_zps8w5cxzob.png

:(

prfctlyximprct

So one negative review, one positive yet constructive review, and a rave review. The mixed reviews keep coming in...I don't think we should all be doom and gloomers yet.
Definitely not a doom and gloomer! Just hurts my heart... hope ROL gets the attention it needs to be great, and it doesn't fall into the abyss!

TabulaRasa

No. We should all realize Disney is aware it isn't hitting the mark yet and working to get it there.
Exactly my thought. Disney is running these previews because they are working to get there. It ain't over yet, and it hasn't premiered to the public (so there is time to work out the kinks). People need to just be patient IMO and not put too much stock in reviews until the show becomes public.

21stamps

We are. I can't believe how packed it is. Hope you are having fun?
I'm home now :(. We arrived back last night. It was an amazing trip!

The crowds were annoying for sure. We only did 1 full park day, HS. I wish we would have done a full AK day though, we didn't get to do half of what I thought we would accomplish.

Not sure if mentioned already but I'll open my mouth a bit (I usually keep it closed due to security/legal concerns) however, the ROL show being showed to CM's is extremely different than the one originally designed Day 1. Multiple reasons for that. Honestly, the original is the better version in my opinion as well as others who've seen it as well. Don't worry, maybe someone will post it on YT AFTER ROL opens ;) The show is practically done which is another reason to do CM previews already. Don't expect a ton of changes from what is being shown now and what the public sees.

cjkeating

Not sure if mentioned already but I'll open my mouth a bit (I usually keep it closed due to security/legal concerns) however, the ROL show being showed to CM's is extremely different than the one originally designed Day 1. Multiple reasons for that. Honestly, the original is the better version in my opinion as well as others who've seen it as well. Don't worry, maybe someone will post it on YT AFTER ROL opens ;) The show is practically done which is another reason to do CM previews already. Don't expect a ton of changes from what is being shown now and what the public sees.

Thanks... is it changed because it didn't work or because after early viewings management asked for changes?

I'm interested if you know what happened to the 100 small lanterns?

rle4lunch

Any chance of the public getting to see it this Friday ?

Sitting upstairs at the GF looking longingly out the window to the direction of AK at this moment.

rle4lunch

We are. I can't believe how packed it is. Hope you are having fun?

We showed up to the GF Saturday and took the monorail over to the Contempo to try and eat around 830pm. holy cow! so crowded. I guess a lot of the people that were forced to leave for that hurricane were rescheduled for this past week. (listened in to some folks on the ride over)

However, we took our disney break yesterday and went to uni , dead as a doornail everywhere but potterland.

TTA94

That part of the show is currently not operational due to issues with guidance. With the large amount of money spent on them, we may well see them in the future, but they are not in the short term likelihood.

So RoL will not open to the public with them?

Fox&Hound

The crowds were annoying for sure. We only did 1 full park day, HS. I wish we would have done a full AK day though, we didn't get to do half of what I thought we would accomplish.

I am headed down next week.How crowded is it? Typical Christmas crowds or did it seem worse? Thanks...

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

I will be bumme D

I am headed down next week.How crowded is it? Typical Christmas crowds or did it seem worse? Thanks...
I am down here, and was here last week also. 18 day trip and was hoping for RoL at some point. No such luck.
Anyway, last week was mobbed but this week started off slow which was to be expected. MK was not busy at all yesterday except for the mine train. Heading to Epcot today, should be the same.

Fox&Hound

I am down here, and was here last week also. 18 day trip and was hoping for RoL at some point. No such luck.
Anyway, last week was mobbed but this week started off slow which was to be expected. MK was not busy at all yesterday except for the mine train. Heading to Epcot today, should be the same.

Thanks =) I was hoping for ROL too.....Hope you're having a good trip!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Used for general reaction and serves as a great talking point tool for the Cast once the show opens so they can comfortably talk about the show.

Makes sense... for example, if someone asks a cast member, "are there any parts of the show that are exceptionally loud or potentially frightening/startling for my kids?", having seen the show first hand a cast member could actually speak first hand or compare moments to those in other night time shows,,,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom