New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Ahhhhh, fascinating! Maybe it IS in the round.

Not exactly in the round. Here is where they are building the viewing areas...

Capture.JPG

doctornick

Not exactly in the round. Here is where they are building the viewing areas...

View attachment 88880

Right, my guess is that the show would be facing roughly east towards both viewing areas (and away from Discovery Island). Though that is just a guess based on the construction location and concept art. I suspect the comparison to WoC would be pretty reasonable. If that's the case, you might be able to view it from Discovery Island to get an imperfect show, depending on what effects are used; if so, they wouldn't have any sort of viewing packages at Flame Tree.

Sage of Time

Right, my guess is that the show would be facing roughly east towards both viewing areas (and away from Discovery Island). Though that is just a guess based on the construction location and concept art. I suspect the comparison to WoC would be pretty reasonable. If that's the case, you might be able to view it from Discovery Island to get an imperfect show, depending on what effects are used; if so, they wouldn't have any sort of viewing packages at Flame Tree.
Shocked they're going to leave money on the table, like that.

doctornick

Shocked they're going to leave money on the table, like that.

Well, obviously I could be wrong. There's not much details about the specifics of RoL.

However, even if the show is directional, it would not prevent Disney from selling packages where your meal purchase entitles you to a reserved location for the show (a la the Fantasmic! dining package, DCA also does something similar for WoC).

Sage of Time

Well, obviously I could be wrong. There's not much details about the specifics of RoL.

However, even if the show is directional, it would not prevent Disney from selling packages where your meal purchase entitles you to a reserved location for the show (a la the Fantasmic! dining package, DCA also does something similar for WoC).
Indeed. We really need more info on this. This is the next big thing opening in WDW, isn't it? This time, next year?

Sage of Time

Assuming we aren't counting the Africa expansion, hub, dhs stage, and TSMM/Soarin' extras tracks/screens (I wouldnt count any of those as big)-

This and the Frozen area are both set to open around this time next year or so. No specific dates on either.
Also- the completion of Disney Springs is 2016- with no date- and should be around this time too if I'm not mistaken.
To be honest, no we aren't. Frozen isn't even that big of a deal. They're just making Maelstrom into something terrible.

dizneycrazy09

Do we think we'll see some more information about RoL in August? It's just crazy to me that so little information about this show exists. I feel like the insiders on the forum have barely even breathed anything about the specifics of this show. Personally, the nighttime offerings in Disney are my favorite part, so I'm really excited for RoL, especially if it looks half as good as the single piece of concept art that we have.

twebber55

Do we think we'll see some more information about RoL in August? It's just crazy to me that so little information about this show exists. I feel like the insiders on the forum have barely even breathed anything about the specifics of this show. Personally, the nighttime offerings in Disney are my favorite part, so I'm really excited for RoL, especially if it looks half as good as the single piece of concept art that we have.
i would think definitely in august

Sage of Time

While I completely agree with you- there is no doubt which one will be the bigger hit, with more buzz, and more crowds. They could've changed the Norway trolls to the Frozen trolls and changed the audio, and it'd still be the longest lines in all of WDW. I say all of this with a heavy heart, of course :D

Me? I can't wait for the show and late nights at DAK- my fav. park. My kids will be much more interested in Frozen, but that's what a Fastpass is for. :cool:
Yep, same here.

This is going to get my family to want to stay late in DAK. I always want to, anyway. This'll help out a ton. That, in itself, is very exciting.

doctornick

To be honest, no we aren't. Frozen isn't even that big of a deal. They're just making Maelstrom into something terrible.

Eh. It could very well be a good ride. The placement in Norway is terrible (so maybe that is what you mean), but I don't think we can say that the ride itself will be terrible. We actually have had scant few details of what the ride will be like.

Sage of Time

Eh. It could very well be a good ride. The placement in Norway is terrible (so maybe that is what you mean), but I don't think we can say that the ride itself will be terrible. We actually have had scant few details of what the ride will be like.
That is exactly what I mean, hahah.

Vegas Disney Fan

Is this going to be a barge based show like Illuminations?

When they first announced this I thought it would be a fountain based show similar to WoC at DCA. I haven't been following construction and when I found this thread tonight I was expecting to see pictures showing a major portion of the lake drained and most of the plumbing for the water screens and fountains to be installed, I was surprised to see they've only drained areas for viewing area construction. With opening about a year away there is no way they can install a WoC type show so now I'm really curious what kind of show to expect.

Sage of Time

When they first announced this I thought it would be a fountain based show similar to WoC at DCA. I haven't been following construction and when I found this thread tonight I was expecting to see pictures showing a major portion of the lake drained and most of the plumbing for the water screens and fountains to be installed, I was surprised to see they've only drained areas for viewing area construction. With opening about a year away there is no way they can install a WoC type show so now I'm really curious what kind of show to expect.
I think there will be barges, yes.

And there will be fountains on those barges. And mist screens.

Rob562

World of Color takes place in body of water that's essentially a large concrete pool with a filtration system. The Animal Kingdom waterways, though mostly man-made, are still essentially natural, unfiltered waterways.

In terms of hardware, from what I've read and seen online it's probably better to think in terms of the shows in DisneySea's Mediterranean Harbor rather than World of Color: large barges and boats that are put away during the day. Whether they move out onto the lake as part of the show, move around, or they drive out there and just park remains to be seen.

-Rob

Sage of Time

World of Color takes place in body of water that's essentially a large concrete pool with a filtration system. The Animal Kingdom waterways, though mostly man-made, are still essentially natural, unfiltered waterways.

In terms of hardware, from what I've read and seen online it's probably better to think in terms of the shows in DisneySea's Mediterranean Harbor rather than World of Color: large barges and boats that are put away during the day. Whether they move out onto the lake as part of the show, move around, or they drive out there and just park remains to be seen.

-Rob
Highly accurate. Even their Fantasmic uses a similar system.

doctornick

-Rob

Which sounds fine to me. I'm hoping that we see them also come up with something like Mythica during the day. If they already have the infrastructure of seating along the river, that would be a nice replacement for the loss of MJJ as a daytime event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom