New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

wdizneew

Does WoC typically have 2 shows or 1? One easy way to increase capacity is to run 2 shows a night at DAK though it tough to do over the summer with longer daylight hours.

I do think that DAK would benefit from having a significant daytime show in addition to WoC. It's been said that a parade is not ideal given the layout of the park especially with new changes which impacted the previous parade route, but I've long suggested that using the RoL viewing area during the day for a parade or show on the water -- perhaps something like Mythica.

Depending on how busy it is at DCA (and what day of the week), WoC has 1 to 2 shows. I remember also when WoC was first introduced, they had to ramp up to 3 shows a night because the demand was so high.

DCA does a daytime type (minor) show using the fountains and Maestro Goofy
ICJAW-061612-AVP.jpg

and don't forget back in the day when Epcot had Skyleidoscope and Surprise in the Sky as a major daytime show in World Showcase. I could see once the hype for RoL dies down, AK will start doing daytime shows....maybe...
6131.Sky_2D00_Show_2D00_1.jpg

Sage of Time

Like World of Color, capacity will be an issue here. And unlike World of Color, there isn't really an option for a secondary, lower-quality view elsewhere due to all of the trees. So, it will likely be FP+/dining package or now RoL for you.

I can't imagine this area having standing room for more than ~5000 people.
Dunno about that. Maybe near Everest or even facing the other way, by Dinoland?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
any sandy-bottomed volume of water exposed to the climes of FL can harbor that dastardly bug.
It is actually found all over the world. It is typically found in warmer climates, (the water needs to be around 85 degrees or higher) but infections have occurred as far north as Minnesota.

It is a nasty little bug, but infections are rare. The CDC rates the US infection rate at 0-8 cases per year. The bad thing is the fatality rate is 98%.

flyerjab

It is actually found all over the world. It is typically found in warmer climates, (the water needs to be around 85 degrees or higher) but infections have occurred as far north as Minnesota.

It is a nasty little bug, but infections are rare. The CDC rates the US infection rate at 0-8 cases per year. The bad thing is the fatality rate is 98%.

Funny that I did think about that issue when it was announced that water screens will be used. I wondered if the bug could survive getting aerosolized and become airborne. That would really suck.

Sage of Time

True, not much details. But the concept art to me suggests a show that faces one direction, as opposed to an "in the round" production.
I hope you're wrong, but you probably aren't. LOL. Especially considering the viewing area.

then again, isn't there ALSO construction by dinoland?

ToTBellHop

I hope you're wrong, but you probably aren't. LOL. Especially considering the viewing area.

then again, isn't there ALSO construction by dinoland?
Shows on water screens can be viewed from two angles. That's the case for World of Color. The view from the viewing area is best, but it isn't terrible from over by California Screamin if you don't have the luxury of reserved seating. I don't know how much is on screens for RoL though. I don't know much about the show in general.

Sage of Time

Shows on water screens can be viewed from two angles. That's the case for World of Color. The view from the viewing area is best, but it isn't terrible from over by California Screamin if you don't have the luxury of reserved seating. I don't know how much is on screens for RoL though. I don't know much about the show in general.
Well, WoC is set up so that there's scaled fountains and views you can only get from the front. I imagine that watching from behind will let you see SOME stuff, but perhaps not all. It must be a really cool perspective.

I've only see the show from the viewing area and from the bridge to Paradise Pier. To be honest, I find that seeing the show on an angle was a lot more fun and interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom